PmcLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Penske Media Corporation, whose award-winning content across more than 23 media brands attracts a passionate monthly audience of more than 310 million, is hiring a Designer to join our team in our West Los Angeles headquarters who will create beautiful designs and implement better design solutions across our brands. The ideal candidate has a fresh, cutting-edge aesthetic and understands how great design enhances content, not distracts from it.
This position supports PMC corporate as well as our individual brands such as Rolling Stone, Variety, Billboard and The Hollywood Reporter. The ideal candidate has experience across digital, print, marketing and corporate collateral. A strong multi-tasking skill set and an eagerness to collaborate with multiple stakeholders and departments is required.
• Work across our portfolio of brands to deliver creative solutions that are unique to each brands objectives and strategy
• Maintain efficient and scalable production of digital assets across multiple brands: templates, resizing and versioning
• Preparing multiple responsive web templates and hand them off for development
• Assist the design team in the conceptualization and creation for corporate collateral: presentation decks, email campaigns and campus design
• Maintain the quality of design throughout all phases for a variety of projects assigned
• Design production for festival-style events (set design, environmental design, signage, promotional graphics, etc.)
• 1-3 years’ experience
• Solid organizational skills and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
• The ability to take risks in design, push past the obvious and make something outstanding
• Be a positive and collaborative team member who is ego-free and invites feedback, while also knowing how and when to defend design choices
• Proficiency of Adobe CC including XD, Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign.
• Proficiency of PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Outlook
• An understanding for atomic design and universal design system is a plus
• Experience working with editorial brands is preferred
In addition to an updated resume, candidates must submit a link to an online portfolio or 5 work samples via PDF to be considered for the position.
It’s all About You…
At PMC, your wellness is top of mind. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to nurture you and your loved ones, including pets! Our package includes Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) HSA with an employer contribution, FSA (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter), EAP, Life Insurance, 401K with an employer match, Paid Parental Leave, Long-term Disability, generous Paid Time off (PTO), Pet Insurance, and Home & Auto insurance. Our Wellness initiatives rotate yoga, meditation, wellness weeks on a variety of topics, and financial wellness. We continuously elevate our offerings with more, for you.
PMC is a leading independent global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate monthly audience of more than 310 million. Since 2004, Penske Media has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Deadline, Variety, Rolling Stone, Billboard, The Hollywood Reporter, VIBE, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Sportico, BGR, ARTnews, Art in America, Fairchild Media, and Spy.com, among many others. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth and courage. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good.