Associate Manager, Syndicated Research
PmcNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Penske Media Corp. (PMC) is seeking an Associate Manager, Syndicated Research to help support syndicated research initiatives across the company. In this role you will work across the PMC portfolio which includes brands such as Rolling Stone, Variety, Billboard, Hollywood Reporter, SHE Media, Robb Report, and many others. The role will interact with multiple departments including sales and marketing, product development, editorial and events. This is an opportunity to learn and grow with one of the media companies in the U.S. You will be a key member of the PMC Research team and support all syndicated research efforts. This position reports to PMC’s Director of Research & Insights.
• Responsible for syndicated research needs in the form of fulfilling RFP’s, daily research requests, to interpreting data and presenting results.
• Analyze, synthesize, and leverage cross-platform metrics and present results with demonstrated ability to creatively turn data into actionable insights, weaving a story within a variety of contexts.
• Utilizing syndicated platforms to proactively investigate new ways to use data to tell stories for PMC’s brands, corporate and entire portfolio.
• Develop insights from complex data sets to inform business decisions and proactively problem solve to seek the best solution to challenges.
• Routinely monitor syndicated studies for data accuracy.
• Advise marketing and sales to make fact-based, audience-driven decisions that will positively impact the business and the brands and address their objectives utilizing the most appropriate market research approach.
• Superior communication and presentation skills, able to communicate effectively with others at all levels using tact and diplomacy.
• 3-5 years’ experience in media research and insights.
• Creative thinker with a passion for data and synthesizing results into key findings and recommendations.
• Strong project management skills with high attention to detail and accuracy.
• Extensive knowledge of syndicated research methodologies across print, digital and social media analytics, encompassing but not limited to MRI-Simmons, Ipsos, comScore, Shareablee.
• A proven track record of strong interpersonal skills and successful teamwork and collaboration
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
It’s all About You…
At PMC, your wellness is top of mind. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to nurture you and your loved ones, including pets! Our package includes Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) HSA with an employer contribution, FSA (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter), EAP, Life Insurance, 401K with an employer match, Paid Parental Leave, Long-term Disability, generous Paid Time off (PTO), Pet Insurance, and Home & Auto insurance. Our Wellness initiatives rotate yoga, meditation, wellness weeks on a variety of topics, and financial wellness. We continuously elevate our offerings with more, for you.
PMC is a leading independent global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate monthly audience of more than 310 million. Since 2004, Penske Media has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Deadline, Variety, Rolling Stone, Billboard, The Hollywood Reporter, VIBE, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Sportico, BGR, ARTnews, Art in America, Fairchild Media, and Spy.com, among many others. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth and courage. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good.