Associate Director, Digital & Live Media
PmcLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
PMC has a new opportunity for a talented individual to join the team as the Associate Director, Digital & Live Media. This role will work on event production across some of our most iconic brands such as, WWD, Deadline, Variety, Footwear News, SHE Media, Rolling Stone and Sourcing Journal. This role can be based in either our New York or Los Angeles office.
• Act as technical lead and producer on hybrid and virtual events across multiple brands and verticals including but not limited to art, entertainment, fashion, music, luxury, lifestyle, and festivals
• Ability to switch between camera feeds at virtual and hybrid events
• In-person event streaming experience is a plus
• Build, configure, and maintain registration pages (will be trained) for virtual, hybrid, and live events
• Manage the event schedule/calendar for the team and coordinate project timelines, keeping clients and teammates organized, and event promotion and execution flowing smoothly
• Organize, build, and distribute marketing materials for all events (~75-100 / yr)
• Ability to handle multiple projects at once, while continuing to be responsive to team members
• Independently produce small, medium, and large-scale virtual events with the help of internal brand teams
• Work with cross functional teams and PMC brands to support selling virtual event sponsorship
• Troubleshoot technical issues for moderators, speakers, talent reps, and talent (will be trained)
• Full-cycle event production duties from inception to post-production
• Professional internal and external client management
• Ability to ensure cost control by interfacing, negotiating and liaising with vendors
• Editing of audio and video material
• At least three years of previous project management experience
• Strong communication and technical troubleshooting
• Advanced organizational skills
• Process oriented and ability to meet deadlines
• HTML proficient
• Microsoft Office Suite (Word & Excel) proficient
• Basic proficiency in web-based event platforms (Zoom, GoTo, Perigon etc.)
• Familiarity video editing tools (Adobe Premiere)
Typical wage range: $85k - $95k annual discretionary bonus
Factors that could be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, years of experience and comparison to current employees already in this role. The typical candidate is hired below midpoint of the range. The total compensation package for this position will also include other elements, a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits including 401(k) eligibility and paid time off benefits. PMC is committed to the health and wellness of our employees. As part of our company-wide rollout of PMC’s paid healthcare plan, effective for this role July 1, 2023, the company will pay 100% of the monthly health, dental and vision plan premiums for the employee and their family.
Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
If you have more or less experience than specified on this job posting, please apply and list your salary expectations.
If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors).
It’s all About You…
At PMC, your wellness is top of mind. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to nurture you and your loved ones, including pets! Our package includes Healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) HSA with an employer contribution, FSA (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter), EAP, Life Insurance, 401K with an employer match, Paid Parental Leave, Long-term Disability, generous Paid Time off (PTO), Pet Insurance, and Home & Auto insurance. Our Wellness initiatives rotate yoga, meditation, wellness weeks on a variety of topics, and financial wellness. We continuously elevate our offerings with more, for you.
PMC is a leading independent global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate monthly audience of more than 310 million. Since 2004, Penske Media has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Deadline, Variety, Rolling Stone, Billboard, The Hollywood Reporter, VIBE, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Sportico, TVLine, BGR, ARTnews, Art in America, Fairchild Media, and Spy.com, among many others. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth and courage. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good. To learn more about PMC, our 2% Foundation, and our portfolio of brands, please visit www.PMC.com.