VP, Content Operations
Pluto TVWest Hollywood, CA
Full Time Job
Pluto TV, a ViacomCBS company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250 live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
Overview and Responsibilities
We are seeking a VP, Content Operations that will work cross functionally with product, business intelligence and engineering members at Pluto TV, and aligns Pluto TV media & content operations with corporate strategy to deliver state-of-the-art services to the organization at a scalable, global level.
The Vice President of Content Operations is a senior leadership role that will report directly to the COO/CFO.
This is a critical role with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
• Lead all aspects of the Content Operations team for Pluto TV through optimizing iterative processes, team building, and mentoring for individual development.
• Own workflow for the entire lifecycle of Pluto’s content & content metadata, from inception throughout its lifecycle across the organization with great attention to detail.
• Own process maps, user stories, workflows, project scopes, and standard operating procedures. This includes delivery specs for content partners and ensuring the individual best path for each partner to most efficiently deliver their content and distribute content across all platforms according to customized specs and requirements (i.e. Verizon, Tivo, etc)
• Set KPI's for the department and ensure there are proper tools and metrics to measure efficiency of each goal.
• Adhere to compliance standards set by executive leadership, legal, contracts, and to best practices.
• Build and maintain title/cost tracking system with media orders/purchase orders so that each title can be accurately tracked for inventory, timing and cost.
• Build & continuously improve reporting/dashboards to stakeholders reflecting current status and projections on content/media order status.
• Collaborate with Product and Engineering to define and develop tools covering MAM and RM systems
• Negotiate vendor rates for ingestion and content processing costs, and all associated costs with content processing vendors. Weigh the value of using vendors versus work done in-house.
• Drive video metadata specification research, development, and consolidation; adhering to style guidelines, character limits, and asset formatting parameters set forth by key metadata aggregation service providers such as Nielsen/Gracenote.
• Develop strong collaborative relationships with other departments and partners, including Content Partnerships, Programming, Product, and Engineering.
• Align media operations with our corporate vision. Illustrate the connection between operations and business strategy.
• Business owner / principal stakeholder for product that affects media and content metadata globally.
We believe the right individual will have the following skills and experience in order to be successful in this role:
• 5 years of experience leading at the executive level for a traditional broadcast, OTT or multimedia network.
• Deep relationships with relevant vendors.
• 7 years experience with transcoding video and overseeing network supply chains.
• 5 years of experience researching and consulting on MVPD, OTT, AVOD, TVOD and SVOD publishing procedures, administration protocols, and industry trends.
• In depth technical experience with content metadata management and API data delivery specifications & workflows.
• Expertise in overseeing digital content QA and QC governance.
• Working knowledge of metadata related programming/markup languages and syntaxes including, but not limited to: XML, JSON, HTML.
• Experience with OVP services such as Ooyala, thePlatform, Brightcove, and Kaltura, as well as custom MAM/DAM systems and acting as the hands-on business owner of these systems.
• Experience with AWS S3.
• Excellent and effective communication & collaboration skills.
• Expertise distilling highly technical terminology into basic requirements & concepts.
• Proactive problem solver with the ability to prioritize and concurrently balance multiple, time sensitive requests within a high pressure environment.
• Familiarity with Adobe Premiere Pro.
• Experience using Aspera, Signiant, and other enterprise-grade file transfer services/agents.