Video Production Specialist - Content Operations
Pluto TVLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Pluto TV, a Paramount Global company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250 live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
Who We Are:
Paramount creates entertainment experiences that drive conversation and culture around the world. Through television, film, digital media, live events, merchandise and solutions, our brands connect with diverse, young and the young at heart audiences in more than 180 countries. For more information on Paramount and its businesses, visit https://www.paramount.com/careers/experienced
Pluto TV is seeking a Video Specialist to join our Content Operations Team. This role will work in support of the Content Operation team and Programming team in editing, polishing, and publishing live events to Pluto TV VOD library. It will also support special projects for the department as they arise. This role will be key to the delivery of quality content in a timely manner, some content being next day air. Seeking a creative thinker, a self-starter, and some who can fully own this position independently.
This is a critical role with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
• Act as the primary point of contact for all Predator request submissions
• Video post-production working in Adobe premiere and Pluto's MAM
• Point of contact for various external live event partners for planning and coordination
• Formatting to required specs, writing metadata, and delivering to MAM, CMS, and various outpoints as needed
• Video, Caption QC, Metadata QC, and content markups
• Artwork enrichment and resizing
• Manage servers, storage, and delivery services
• Maintain relationships and schedule with the Programming team and live event partners
Qualities / Experience We're Seeking:
We believe the right individual will have the following skills and experience in order to be successful in this role:
• 1-3 years of editing experience
• Strong project management skills and capacity to manage multiple concurrent projects
• Proficiency in using Adobe Photoshop
• Knowledge of common digital media formats, standards, and codecs â€'' Video, Audio, Captions, Images & Metadata (e.g. M3U8, MP4, .422, etc.)
• Experience working with file transfer services such as Aspera, AWS S3, and hard drives
• Comfortable working in Atlassian products (Confluence and Jira)
• Knowledge of JSON and XML files is a plus
• Ability to work under a tight deadline
Citizens of Pluto TV have the privilege of entertaining millions of people. We are entrepreneurs looking to revolutionize the future of TV. While our planet is small, our ambition is boundless. The stakes don't get much higher. Becoming a Citizen is hard work. We need self-starters that thrive in changing environments, who treat company resources like their own, and who deliver seemingly impossible outcomes at warp speed. It's the only way we stay ahead of the giants looking to take the opportunity we have earned. We are selective but once chosen, you're in.
Why You Should Become a Citizen of Pluto TV:
As stated, becoming a Citizen is hard work but the rewards of citizenship are plentiful. Work with the smartest people on some of the most complex projects of your life, while profoundly impacting both Pluto TV and the broader world of entertainment. Share in the epic quest to define the future of television as we know it. Big commitment, big impact, lasting change. As a Citizen, you will enjoy generously-sponsored medical benefits, a generous vacation policy, 401K retirement plan, social and team events, and more!
We're an equal opportunity employer (EOE):
At PlutoTV and ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies, we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.