Vice President, Growth - Pluto TV
Pluto TVWest Hollywood, CA
Full Time Job
Pluto TV, a ViacomCBS company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250 live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
Overview and Responsibilities
We are looking for an experienced and innovative VP of Growth to lead user growth strategy and performance marketing initiatives for Pluto TV. This role will be responsible for efficiently growing a high-value user base to meet our short and long-term business goals.
Working with various teams internally and externally, the VP, Growth will build results-oriented growth strategies and plans, lead all aspects of all performance marketing campaigns, and communicate user growth goals, results and takeaways to Pluto TV executives and the wider company.
This role will report to the Senior Vice President, Marketing.
This is a multifaceted leadership role with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
• Growth Strategy: Lead development of ambitious, data-driven strategy for paid and organic user growth, in partnership with Distribution, Product and other teams.
• Growth Team Leadership: Manage a team of Growth Managers and Analysts to meet strategic goals. Define team structure, hiring priorities, and partner needs to deliver an expansive scope of work and innovate the Growth function.
• Year-round Planning and Forecasting: Translate strategies into detailed budget and channel plans, working closely with Finance to update forecasts and report actuals on a quarterly and monthly basis.
• Performance Marketing: Coordinate the end-to-end development of all paid performance campaigns across CTV, Mobile and Web platforms and a variety of ad placements, including app-stores, video and display, search, publisher integrations and more.
• Management of external partners: Build senior relationships with consultants, platform reps, and other key partners to secure terms and added value opportunities
• KPI Tracking, Analysis & Reporting: In partnership with the Business Intelligence team, evolve growth KPI tracking, conduct deep analyses that inform growth strategy, and ensure accurate, timely reporting of user growth and campaign results.
We believe the right individual will have the following skills and experience in order to be successful in this role:
• 8 years of experience in Growth and Performance Marketing with at least 3 years of experience at a Streaming Entertainment company.
• Experience leading a Growth function and cross-functional Growth initiatives.
• Strategic thought-leader and problem-solver, able to see the big picture and propose innovative solutions to complex Growth and Marketing challenges.
• Deep expertise with CAC analysis, ROI and LTV modeling, partner contractual marketing, creative testing and iteration, full funnel growth optimization.
• Insight-driven storyteller, able to confidently and concisely articulate market insights, growth goals, and progress against those goals, calling on key data and analyses to illustrate and evidence that narrative.
• Strong negotiator, able to secure preferential deal terms with platform partners and extract maximum value from consultant and agency partners.
• Master planner, able to translate strategic goals into year-round tactical plans.
• Detail and deadline-oriented. Able to work efficiently and react quickly to change.