Sr. UX Designer, Content Systems
Pluto TVLos Angeles, NY
Full Time Job
Pluto TV, a ViacomCBS company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250 live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
Sr. UX Designer – Content Systems
Overview and Responsibilities:
Pluto TV's Content Systems Product team is currently looking for a Sr UX Designer. The designer will assist the Content Systems Product team by designing content management tools that support the Pluto TV service in order to improve the reliability and consistency of the Pluto TV experience across platforms.
This role will report to the Director of Product, Content Systems.
This is an individual contributor role with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
• Leading the design of internal tool features while partnering with platform-specific teams for implementation and iterative improvements.
• Ensuring a congruent and consistent user experience across all content platforms.
• Breaking down complex problems to find discrete and meaningful solutions that improve the efficacy of internal content teams.
• Taking a strategic role in owning and driving design and collaborating across teams to produce results.
• Communicating the user experience to executives, developers, and stakeholders at various stages of the design process, through wireframes, flow diagrams, mockups, and/or high fidelity prototypes, and task tracking tools.
• Making evidence-based arguments for problem definitions and solutions.
• Informing success metrics for design solutions.
We believe these are the key requirements to be successful:
• 5 years of professional product design experience, and at least 2 years of experience designing SaaS tools.
• Lead the design of a commercially released SaaS platform or lead the design of a critical feature or release of a SaaS platform.
• Experience with collaborative Lean UX frameworks and human-centered design. We're looking for examples of how you used research to frame problems and solved them collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
• Demonstrated success using design systems across multiple platforms.
• Record of influencing successful information architecture decisions.
• Proficient with qualitative and quantitative data.
• Media content management system (MAM/CMS) design experience is preferred.