Sr Programming Manager
Pluto TVLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Overview and Responsibilities
The Sr. Programming Manager is in charge of the editorial voice, programming quality, and overall success of Pluto TV especially within the Entertainment and Explore categories. This role will engage and retain the Pluto audience with a cross-genre focus on both short and long form content. The SPM will develop and implement strategies that deliver on the department KPI's. The Sr. Programming Manager is on the front line of revolutionizing the future of TV and is critical to achieving the Pluto TV mission of entertaining the planet.
include, but not limited to:
• Provide expertise within the construct of the Television, Movies, and Digital within the entertainment and explore categories. Lead all aspects of this content using all the tools and resources available to the programming team.
• Lead and manage appropriate meetings and follow up in all matters related to expertise.
• Scheduling specialist to train/assist with tools, efficiencies, parameters, storytelling, day parting, etc. for all programming. Continued efforts to improve efficiency, standards, and practices for all scheduling efforts.
• Develop successful programming schedules using ingenuity and all available tools, data, and research.
• Develop and tinker with master, monthly, weekly, and daily schedules using hypotheses and results crafted from data.
• Experimental approach with goal of using data to support the success of content, channels, programming, and scheduling.
• Facilitate work as a cohesive programming team. This includes standards and practices around the quality of programming, data interpretation, as well as interaction with departments internal and external to Pluto TV. Double check the strength and integrity of all programming for all channels.
• Maximize the quality of content broadcast on air; research and target premium content, understand what premium content means to Pluto TV, and schedule accordingly.
• Engage with the larger Pluto TV organization, partnering with the Promotion and Marketing teams, Content Ops, Live Ops, and Content Acquisition/Partner Relations teams to actively seek out and optimize content for assigned networks.
• Copywrite programming stunts, channels, and content for marketing and promotional use. Show objective support for these ideas, using any and all tools available, especially data. Refine as necessary.
• Review and tirelessly research content and content catalogs from major entertainment brands, digital creators, and independent creators.
• Suggest new content acquisitions and partnership targets.
• Join partner meetings when requested to pitch programming ideas and maintain and manage partner relationships where applicable.
• Maintain the content database of TV, film and digital catalogs.
• Learn new software and practices to increase efficiency and quality.
• Submit bugs and product feedback for the Pluto CMS.
• Manage duties and responsibilities for Programming Managers, Channel Editors, and Junior Channel Editors.
• 5 years direct experience programming within a digital or traditional media environment
• Expert knowledge of/with various Content Management Systems
• Ability to work cross-functionally to resolve complex issues
• Work experience in media and entertainment specifically
• Broad knowledge and passion for pop culture, TV, film and online video (i.e. being a ''Pop Culture PhD'')
• Ability to perform in-depth research
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Excellent project management skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects with varying deadlines
• Ability to work independently and meet tight deadlines with minimal supervision
• Knowledge of best practices in metadata creation and copywriting