Sr. Mgr. FP&A, Workforce Planning
Pluto TVLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
The Senior Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis, Workforce Planning will optimize the growth and performance of Pluto TV's finance organization by supporting executive decision-making, long-range planning, and organizational alignment of the free-streaming product of ViacomCBS. This person will own business relationships with corporate leaders across the organization and will also partner closely with our Finance and People teams.
The ideal candidate is proactive, driven and resourceful, with exceptional quantitative, communication, and project management skills. This role offers a great opportunity to learn and grow within a high energy, high growth organization.
This is a critical role with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
• Business Planning: Lead the monthly and annual budgeting process for headcount by functions and business units. Working closely with the leadership team to formulate the business's medium to long term operational and strategic plan, and ensuring the workforce plan aligns to company priorities.
• Consolidated Reporting & Long-range Planning: Augmenting existing multi-year workforce planning processes to ensure accurate and timely reporting. Collaborating with functional leads, HR and FP&A teams to craft, improve and manage workforce dashboards, monitor performance, analyze business drivers, and provide meaningful insights and visualization of important metrics.
• Financial Analysis: Developing business models, forecasts, and recommendations based on findings. Providing detailed monthly, quarterly, and annual financial overviews to management. Participating and supporting the month end close process including analyzing variance to plan, capitalization of internal resources and complex internal allocations. Identifying key trends and potential risks & opportunities across headcount and payroll.
• Organization Alignment: Coordinate strategic alignment of labor resources by working with project teams, functional line managers, and business operations teams to allocate and assign labor resources in alignment with company priorities. Own and actively manage the functional headcount through strong partnership with our People team.
• Process Improvement: Drive systematic improvements to data quality and work with teams to improve data and reporting to better support resource management & workforce planning. Collaborate with Business Unit Leads, HR, and in partnership with all relevant stakeholders, to support workforce performance tracking and reporting. Provide leadership as a business process expert for workforce management and drive consistent workforce management processes across Pluto TV functions. Identify and lead changes to processes and tools in order to drive continuous improvement and efficiency gains.
We believe the right individual will have the following skills and experience in order to be successful in this role:
• 8 years overall work experience with at least 3 years in a workforce planning / HRIS / PMO / resource optimization role for a technology company or department.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills - be able to handle and synthesize large datasets to deliver critical insights in an easy-to-digest format for management and external partners.
• Strong analytical skills with advanced business model development and financial forecasting abilities.
• Proficiency in financial systems (ERP/EMP) and data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Alteryx) with a willingness (and quick ability) to learn new software. Basic querying proficiency preferred.
• Global finance experience with a strong understanding of GAAP/IFRS (CPA/CMA a plus).
• Advanced Microsoft Office / Google suite skills, particularly Sheets/Excel and Slides/Powerpoint.
At all levels of Finance, every employee is expected to embody these core competencies:
• Execute against goals and deadlines
• Influence and effectively communicate with others to drive work forward
• Design, apply, and interpret robust analytical solutions to support decisions
• Positively contribute to a culture of people development and learning
• Uphold ways of working that promote DE&I advocacy
• Translate the ''big picture'' vision into a clear action plan