Senior Programming Manager
Pluto TVWest Hollywood, CA
This was removed by the employer on 9/24/2020 11:54:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Post Production Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Senior Programming Manager jobs in West Hollywood-CA
Search all Senior Programming Manager postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior Programming Manager? Pluto TV, a ViacomCBS company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250 live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
Overview and Responsibilities
The Senior Programming Manager, US Hispanic and Kids, is in charge of leading all aspects of the teams that provide the editorial voice, programming quality, and overall success of Pluto TV, by engaging and retaining the Pluto TV audience with a major focus on US Hispanic and Kids categories.
This role reports to the Editorial Director, Programming.
This is a meaningful role with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
• Leading and developing a team of 3 to 6 Programming Managers and Channel Editors. Facilitating work as a cohesive Editorial team, including standards and practices around programming quality, data interpretation, as well as interaction with other internal and external departments.
• Providing expertise in the US Hispanic and Kids categories of the entertainment world.
• Measuring and verifying the strength and integrity of programming for all assigned networks.
• Being the scheduling specialist to train and improve tools, efficiencies, parameters, storytelling, day parting for all programming.
• Developing successful programming schedules using resourcefulness and all available tools, data, and research.
• Reviewing and researching content to improve programming, while working across departments to understand how to achieve results.
• Creating and refining programming stunts, channels, and content for marketing and promotional use. Showing objective support for these ideas, using any and all tools available, especially data.
• Maintaining the content database of TV, film and digital catalogs.
We believe the right individual will have the following skills and experience in order to be successful in this role:
• At least 5 years of work experience in media and entertainment, with a recent focus programming content targeting Hispanic and/or Kid audiences.
• Experience building and leading a team at least 2 direct reports and able to demonstrate progress of that team over time.
• Expert knowledge of/with various Content Management Systems.
• Broad knowledge and passion for pop culture, TV, film, and online video (i.e. being a “Pop Culture PhD”).
• Exceptional attention to detail.
• Excellent project management skills.
• Knowledge of standard methodologies in metadata creation and copywriting.
• Having an experimental mentality with the goal of using data to support the success of content, channels, programming, and scheduling.
• Fluency in Spanish strongly preferred. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.