Senior Analyst, Corporate Multiplatform Research
ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Overview and Responsibilities
The Corporate Research group is seeking a forward-thinking, enthusiastic individual to join our Cross-Platform team, and focus on providing ongoing, in-depth analysis of the Pluto TV streaming platform. The role requires outstanding attention to detail and an analytical curiosity. The Sr. Analyst will work directly with the Sr. Director to build and maintain comprehensive dashboards for both Viacom’s senior management as well as individual Viacom brand teams. It is the goal of the Sr. Analyst & the Sr. Director to be the subject matter expects concerning the Pluto TV platform within the company.
• Work independently and with direction from the Sr. Director on weekly/monthly/quarterly Pluto TV audience reports for various corporate management partners
• Identify and communicate trends and patterns in data through the use of Excel, PowerPoint and other software tools
• Perform analysis of both the Pluto TV streaming platform and industry-wide viewing trends based on proprietary and syndicated sources
• Collaborate with other team members to develop ways to enhance the communication of industry and company news and trends to our corporate partners
The ideal candidate will have had experience with or in interest in research, a passion for television and media, and an ability to learn from and work with others.
• Basic understanding of the media industry and the role of research
• Computer proficiency (Microsoft Office products - strong Excel and PowerPoint skills necessary)
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively (excellent writing skills are ideal)
• Appreciation for visually and ascetically appealing details
• Strong organizational skills
• High attention to detail and accuracy
• Self-motivator with a friendly disposition
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher
• Strategic thinker with strong analytical skills and the ability to find and tell a clear story based on data
• Experience with syndicated reporting databases and software such as Nielsen, comScore, etc.
• 1-2 years of media industry or research experience.
Viacom has a clear vision: to be the premier destination where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay and do their best work. We pride ourselves on bringing the best entertainment to our global audiences, and we know our company runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees. Through television, film, digital content, live events, merchandise, studio production and more, we connect with billions of people in nearly every country in the world. At Viacom, you will have the opportunity to develop your professional career at the home of iconic brands like BET, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount and others.