Product Architect, Content Services
Pluto TVWest Hollywood, CA
Full Time Job
Pluto TV is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 100 live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in Los Angeles, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin. Pluto is a subsidiary of ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA), a global content company with premier television, film and digital entertainment brands.
Overview and Responsibilities
With aggressive goals that include the expansion of our US Operations and a commitment to Internationalization and Interplanetary entertainment, we are growing our Architecture Team to scale for the incredible road ahead. As the Content Services Architect you will help define and build the systems that power PlutoTV’s content ingestion, content management, and content publishing services.
If you have a passion for building great products, enjoy the art of collaboration, and have the natural ability to drive decisions that lead to highly reliable complex systems, we want to talk to you. This role reports to the VP of Product Architecture.
• Collaborating with Pluto TV’s content operations, content management and publishing organizations.
• Using existing tools and recommend new tools to monitor system status and pre-empt problems
• Managing forward-looking projects that can span multiple engineering organizations
• Influencing architectural decisions based on product requirements, industry trends and emerging technologies
• Developing and maintaining a healthy, working relationship with the cross-functional teams across Content services, Core services, Applications, Analytics and Video Playout services.
• Collaborate with the content services software development teams to contribute with production-ready code.
• At least 10 years of commercial experience developing highly reliable software services; experience working in the entertainment or digital media industry is a plus.
• At least 5 years experience with content operations workflows
• At least 3 years developing services in one of NodeJS or GoLang.
• Working knowledge of different video file protocols such as mp4 and mov. Experience with ffmpeg is a plus
• Working knowledge of video and metadata delivery mechanisms such as MRSS, Aspera
• Designing, implementing and improving relational database schemas with SQL or equivalent.
• Designing and implementing secure storage systems for protected content on cloud and local file systems.
• Cloud technologies; Familiarity with at least one of Kubernetes, Terraform, AWS, GCP, Azure
• CDNs: Familiarity with at least one major CDN provider - Akamai, Limelight, Edgecast, Level3...
• Monitoring; working knowledge of at least one of Loggly, Splunk, CloudWatch, Prometheus or similar
• Passion for Product Process and Innovation: Passionate about being involved throughout the entire life cycle, from product initiation to delivery, and sponsor continued innovation that empowers our team to deliver the best content experience in the industry.
• Strong documentation skills: ability to create compelling, detail-oriented documentation that sets up the engineering teams for success.