Principal Product Manager-Search and Discovery
Pluto TVLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 7/23/2021 5:59:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Principal Product Manager-Search and Discovery jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Principal Product Manager-Search and Discovery postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Principal Product Manager-Search and Discovery?
Full Time Job
Pluto TV, a ViacomCBS company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250 live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
The ability of consumers to find the content within the Pluto library that they want to view is core to the product performance and PlutoTV success. The search and discovery product manager works with the design, data science and engineering teams to bring discovery-enabling features to the consumer experience. This individual will work to fulfill the promise of serving up content that users want, when they want it. Successful delivery on this promise will increase viewing and customer retention, thereby contributing to PlutoTV overall success.
This is a critical role with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
• Product management of the Search, Personalization and Recommendation services
• Setting the vision, planning, scoping, and prioritization of enhancements to these services
• Developing a deep understanding of PlutoTV customer journey through research, analytics, and experimentation
• Driving the instrumentation, data capture and measurement to diagnose and assess service performance
• Collaborating with the data science, data engineering, and core services teams to develop and optimize the design and performance of these services
• Gathering requirements, determining features, writing product specs, managing the backlog and iterative releases
• Working with SMEs & product development teams in other Viacom businesses to contribute to and adopt best practices
Qualities / Experience We're Seeking
We believe the right individual will have the following skills and experience in order to be successful in this role:
• Ability to collaborate with a diverse set of product and design leaders to understand key issues, articulate business requirements, develop solutions and roll them out successfully.
• Excellent ability to distill the technical aspects of the algorithms and services into digestible communications for business partners
• You are a critical problem solver and not afraid to be a voice of reason something is not working.
• 7 years of experience in product management for algorithmic micro-services of a digital product
• Masters degree in a quantitative subject area or equivalent experience
• Direct experience working with data scientists and familiarity with machine learning and natural language processing methodologies
• Preferred experience with , building and running highly available services at scale
• Experience with SQL, Excel, and A/B testing
• Experience with Search Technologies (e.g. Elas)