Motion Graphics Editor
Pluto TVLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Overview and Responsibilities
Pluto TV is looking for an incredibly talented Motion Graphics Editor to create beautiful animations for our on-air promos, brand sizzles, advertisements, and other motion productions. This role will work within the editing department of the Creative studio and assist Preditors with executing effective motion creative.
• This is a critical role with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
• Implement cutting-edge and visually stunning animations to projects including on-air and off-air promotions, marketing and sales videos, brand sizzles for executives and events, on-air slates and interstitials, social posts and more.
• Manage a large volume of multiple assignments and tasks and collaborate with the team, while working under intense deadline pressure and tight budgets.
• Pitch concepts/scripts to Creative Director, Preditors and other team members
• Track down and secure any assets required for successful production: footage, soundups, music, fonts, logos, animations, etc
• Coordinate internally with design team to develop storyboards for implementation in animation
• Work within the department to outsource any necessary aspects of production (graphics, illustrations, animators, composers, designers, etc.)
• Contribute towards building the brand identity.
• Communicate the ongoing stages of production to other teams where necessary
• Show creative ambition, willingness to take risks and explore new concepts
• 5 years' experience in a similar position within an agency or entertainment company
• Expert knowledge of Adobe After Effects, Premiere Pro, and Cinema 4D
• Strong motion graphics background, specializing in on-screen animations and interstitials
• A passion for movies, TV and pop culture in general!
• Strong knowledge of current industry trends regarding on-air television promotion, social media, OTT, etc.
• Strong knowledge of current trends in video production
• A genuine desire to push boundaries, explore and push the envelope in terms of video production
• Advanced understanding of post-production, editing and sound design
• Ability to work with deadlines even if under pressure
• Excellent interpersonal and technical skills