Manager, Data Test Engineering
Pluto TVWest Hollywood, CA
Full Time Job
Overview and Responsibilities
At Pluto TV, we approach testing differently -- we are testing, and breaking, code constantly, but we help rebuild it better. As a Manager, Data Test Engineering, you partner with software developers to validate Business Intelligence / Analytics Data alongside product management. Your rigorous data validation activities ensures data quality to help drive business initiatives through accurate reporting. Troubleshooting is an understatement; it's more like trouble forecasting. The Manager of DTE will also act as a representative of the Software Test Engineering Department in scrum meetings and provide input on how to provide better data quality coverage for the applications supported.
• Work in an Agile Software Delivery methodology highly focused in creating data validation tests based on requirements.
• Provide a risk assessment on the defects identified and set the correct priority and severity.
• Provide a holistic assessment of data quality based upon the existing implementation vs new feature development.
• Develop testing and defect remediation process
• Intermediate SQL Skills
• Experience with testing Analytics Data at scale
• People Management experience
• 5 years experience of people management working with on-site and offshore teams
• 5 years of solid working experience in testing Business Intelligence / Analytics System at scale
• 3 years of experience in creating and executing SQL for Data Validation.
• Good working knowledge on Database testing
• 1 years of experience leading projects with minimal supervision.
• Functional Testing on Native Apps, OTT (Over-the-top), web platforms, a BIG plus.
• 2 years of testing experience in an Agile Software Development methodology.
• Exposure to Agile Management tools such as Jira, a plus.
• Experience with DB Tools such as Mode Analytics, Tableau, a BIG plus.
Pluto TV is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 100 live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in Los Angeles, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin. Pluto is a subsidiary of ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA), a global content company with premier television, film and digital entertainment brands.