Lead Software Test Engineer - Video Engineering
Pluto TVWest Hollywood, CA
This was removed by the employer on 6/8/2021 6:04:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for Lead Software Test Engineer - Video Engineering jobs in West Hollywood-CA
Search all Lead Software Test Engineer - Video Engineering postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Lead Software Test Engineer - Video Engineering? At Pluto TV, we approach testing differently -- we are testing, and breaking, code constantly, but we help rebuild it better. Software Test Engineers (STE) design Pluto TV's testing infrastructure and write code to examine and validate large-scale software development and deployments. As an STE Lead, your partnership with software engineering leads to create and code tests concurrently with product development is important. You build tools that help developers be more productive, write better code and test it themselves. Troubleshooting is an understatement; it's more like trouble forecasting. The STE Lead will also act as a lead representative of the Software Test Engineering Team in all video engineering scrum meetings and provide hands-on leadership work to provide better quality coverage for the applications supported.
This is a meaningful role with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
• Working in an Agile Software Delivery methodology highly focused in creating data validation tests based on requirements.
• Providing a risk assessment on the defects identified and set the correct priority and severity.
• Providing a holistic assessment of data quality based upon the existing implementation vs new feature development.
• Developing and enhancing testing and defect remediation process
• Leading a team of Software Test Engineers focused on video streaming testing activities
We believe the right individual will have the following skills and experience in order to be successful in this role:
• Must haves:
• Strong Java Coding Experience
• Strong testing experience with video streaming backend systems at scale
• End-to-end testing experience
• 5 years experience of leading engineers working with on-site and offshore teams
• 5 years of solid working experience on developing Test automation scripts specifically object-oriented frameworks (Selenium/Webdriver, TestNG, Java)
• 3 years of experience in creating and executing tests using robust api testing frameworks (RestAssured)
• 5 years of performance testing experience supporting high-scale back-end systems
• Good working knowledge on NoSQL Databases (MongoDB, etc)
• 3 years of experience leading projects with minimal supervision.
• Mentoring of team members on the following competencies:
• Test Automation and STE Test Automation Standards.
• Use of STE Unified Test Framework.
• Application behavior and testing techniques.
• Test coverage for application(s) supported.
• Efficient testing strategies.
• People Leadership experience
• Project Leadership experience
• Functional Testing on Native Apps, OTT (Over-the-top), web platforms, a BIG plus.
• 2 years of testing experience in an Agile Software Development methodology.
• Exposure to Agile Management tools such as Jira, a plus.
• Experience with Test Management tools such as TestRail. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.