Pluto TVWest Hollywood, CA
Full Time Job
Pluto TV is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 100 live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in Los Angeles, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin. Pluto is a subsidiary of ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA), a global content company with premier television, film and digital entertainment brands.
Overview and Responsibilities
The (Senior) Director of Strategy will plan and execute financial and business analyses to identify the most valuable business opportunities for Pluto TV, as well as measure, monitor and communicate key aspects of Pluto TV’s business to internal leadership and ViacomCBS business partners.
This role reports to the Chief Operating Officer / Chief Financial Officer.
This is a meaningful leadership position with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
• Assessing the business value of concurrently-proposed projects across the company, including a thorough analysis of potential trade-offs, to ensure optimal economic and strategic outcomes as our company roadmap evolves.
• Working cross-functionally (with product, business intelligence, engineering, finance, legal, etc) to deep-dive into important performance issues as they occur, to prioritize, identify, and analyze root causes, and following up to ensure execution of solutions and subsequent measurement of outcomes.
• Leading rigorous analysis of company metrics and associated dashboards in order to monitor business success and to develop insights into areas of improvement/opportunity.
• Assessing various growth opportunities, including hypothesis formation, performing financial and business analyses, and communication of findings.
Opportunity areas include:
• International market entry and growth.
• Expansion of existing domestic consumer markets and entry into addressable new markets.
• ‘Needle-moving’ product and feature enhancements.
• Vertical integration opportunities, including partnership/JV/acquisition options.
• Optimization of partnership economics (programmatic sales, distribution, content).
• Improvement of user economics and LTV (acquisition, retention, usage).
• Assessing the competitive market, including analysis of metrics, economics, content, distribution, product and other areas, in a fast-changing streaming environment.
• Business margin improvemen through identification of internal operational efficiencies, streamlining of vendor services, improving vendor economics, and optimizing employee/contractor resources for continued growth.
• Monitoring the health of our growing international business, including working with international teams to analyze markets and economics, and assess potential new market entry.
• Co-owning the creation of timely, clear, accurate and compelling presentations to communicate business updates at corporate ViacomCBS meetings, including board meetings, Senior Leadership Team meetings, earnings calls, etc.
We believe you will be successful if you have:
• At least 7 years in strategy consulting, investment banking or similar strategic and analytical experience within an investment environment or corporate strategy role.
• At least 2 years in digital media and digital/programmatic advertising, preferably with experience in streaming/OTT/DTC media.
• At least 2 years leading teams in analyzing business problems and possible solutions, and in developing high-quality presentation materials.
• Quantitative analytical strengths, including Excel model development.
• Rigorous understanding and implementation of business-focused analytical approaches and frameworks.
• Comfortable prioritizing and leading multiple initiatives and analyses, and in moving with speed through each.
• Excellent leadership and influencing skills, and an ability to set a vision and motivate cross-functional teams towards a common outcome.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including executing hands-on analytics analysis, and developing quality presentation materials.