Director, Business Operations
Pluto TVNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Pluto TV, a Paramount Global company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250 live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
Paramount Streaming Tech is focused on creating a workplace where people can do the best work of their career while staying at the cutting edge of tech. We are a rapidly growing business and with that growth comes a need to refine our operational processes while establishing insight into their effectiveness!
We are looking for an operationally minded leader who can work with a rapidly scaling organization to refine process, provide continued visibility and assist in shepherding our organization through this growth! You will partner closely with operational functions that provide services to or are embedded with our teams, including HR, Finance, Talent Acquisition, Team Operations, Risk Management, Corporate IT, departmental Business Operations teams and more. You will also be a close partner to our departmental leadership and their teams, acting as a central point of contact, knowledge and resolution for operational issues and opportunities spanning our teams.
Your success will be measured in the successful scaling and operation of our teams, the accuracy of our planning processes and by the level of visibility our leadership are able to reach into our operations.
• Partner and collaborate with operations functions in order to maintain operational visibility, identify issues, highlight opportunities to improve and ensure Streaming Tech requirements are being met consistently
• Develop and complete a roadmap for operational improvements
• Establish and lead operations meetings on a regular cadence with department heads and operations functions to monitor effectiveness of processes, clear blockers and maintain business velocity
• Stay apprised of financial performance and forecasting, hiring velocity and
• Act as a resource for operational partners to solve challenges, source information from Streaming Tech departments and provide insights
• Build cross-functional relationships with partners across Corporate, Streaming, and Streaming Tech
• Drive aggregation and reporting of data across all business operations domains - generating or sourcing data and reports, generating insights and effectively communicating them to executives
• Collaborate with existing data owners and reporting teams to provide reporting requirements and analyze results
• Establish KPIs and metrics to measure the effectiveness of operations initiatives throughout Streaming Tech
• Identify and resolve process issues, collaborating with partners across the organization to design process improvements and implement them
• Act as a central point of contact, knowledge, resolution and escalations across operational domains
• Champion and coordinate operational improvement focused projects in collaboration with Tech Strategy & Operations, PMO and other teams
• Provide regular status updates and measure the impact of successful improvement projects through metrics
• Coordinate closely with the Office of the CTO - Tech Strategy team to brainstorm new ideas, groom backlog items, and prioritize action plans
• Present regular status updates to the Office of the CTO - Tech Strategy leads
• Complete both long-term strategy items and crucial/time-sensitive business needs
• Collaboration with key partners (including People Experience, HR, technology and corporate technology teams)
• Participate in streaming-wide working groups and provide tech team input and requirements
• Maintain awareness of initiatives taking place across Paramount that will affect our teams and provide input/requirements when appropriate
Qualities/Experience Weâ€™re Seeking:
• 8 years experience working in business operations, consulting, strategy & operations or technology operations roles
• Broad expertise across HR, Finance, Risk Management and other core operational domains within large and growing organizations
• Strength in partnering and influencing with cross-functional teams across a larger organization
• Executive relationship management
• Planning and analysis skills
• Experience managing technology and software projects and teams
• Strong presentation, communications, and writing skills
Hiring Salary Range: $100,000.00 - 140,000.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement. This position is bonus eligible.