Counsel / Senior Counsel, Business & Legal Affairs, Streaming
Pluto TVSan Francisco, CA
Full Time Job
Pluto TV, a Paramount Global company, is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 250 live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
Overview and Responsibilities
The position requires an attorney with at least 3 years of transactional experience who will focus on negotiating, drafting and advising on transactions involving software licensing, strategic partnerships, product development and engineering, advertising sales and operations, marketing and publicity, and will provide product, engineering, and other business teams with legal advice across many subject areas including privacy and data protection laws and regulations, regulatory compliance and corporate compliance.
The position requires a diligent and proactive individual with excellent business judgment and critical thinking, along with the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a collegial, fast-paced team environment.
• Review, draft and negotiate a wide variety of commercial agreements, including software licensing, partnership, marketing and professional services agreements.
• Review and negotiate advertising agreements and provide legal support.
• Negotiate agreements that follow company policies and risk tolerance.
• Advise internal clients on legal issues and risks, complex deal structures, approval processes, company policies and procedures, IP, online privacy, and negotiation strategy.
• Work with Product and Engineering teams to review product changes and advise on risk.
• Assist with the continuous development and improvement of the legal team and its processes.
• JD degree with excellent academic credentials and global law firm experience in either corporate law or IP transactions; online media experience preferred; member in good standing of the New York or California Bar (or eligible to be registered in-house counsel)
• In-depth experience in contract law, with broad transactional background in digital distribution, technology and software licensing, advertising, advertising technology, development, marketing, purchasing, operations and services agreements.
• Excellent negotiation skills.
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills with attention to detail and able to manage simultaneous projects under deadline pressure.
• Flexibility and willingness to work on a broad variety of legal matters.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
In addition, Paramount Global will be guided by applicable federal, state and local laws when considering for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.