Pluto TVLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Channel Editor (News & Opinion)
Overview & Responsibilities:
Working for the Programming Team, the Channel Editor, News, Sports, & Opinion is responsible for applying their understanding of what viewers want in order to curate and program content for several of the channels on Pluto TV. This role reports to the Programming Manager.
Specific Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Working with our proprietary Content Management System (CMS), implementing a strategy to program and schedule channels.
• Review and analyze data to create a story to support the execution of programming and scheduling channels.
• Review and select content based on strategy, performance, and need within the channels managed.
• Knowledge of best practices in metadata creation and copywriting.
• Crafting appropriate assets that follow the current events of the news world.
• Monitoring and delivering push notifications.
• Potentially working weekends, holidays, or evening hours.
• Other tasks and duties as assigned.
We believe the right individual will have the following skills and experience in order to be successful in this role:
• 1 years direct experience programming within a digital or traditional media environment
• 1 years working with data
• Knowledge of and interest in the entertainment media landscape
• Attention to detail.
• The ability to pick up proprietary program scheduling software
• Experience working with databases