Business Intelligence Developer
Pluto TVLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 7/22/2021 9:00:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Business Intelligence Developer jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Business Intelligence Developer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Business Intelligence Developer?
Full Time Job
ViacomCBS creates entertainment experiences that drive conversation and culture around the world. Through television, film, digital media, live events, merchandise and solutions, our brands connect with diverse, young and the young at heart audiences in more than 180 countries.
Pluto TV is seeking a BI Developer who is analytically driven, with strong technical and business knowledge in media and big data. Experience designing, implementing and managing enterprise solutions for clients across media, entertainment and big data. Comfortable in both leadership and as well as an individual contributor role. The position requires building and improving business processes with the use of BI tools Alteryx, Tableau, R and Python as primary tools focused on outcomes and results.
• Design and implement innovative solutions addressing challenges in data management, analytics and visualization
• Gather, interpret and analyze business requirements and use cases
• Design data products that meet use cases/requirements that supports data distribution and self-service capabilities
• Perform data integration, write efficient SQL Queries, and develop/deploy reporting solutions that apply data visualization standards and best practices, and meets quality standards by performing unit testing
• Work in a fast-paced Agile environment especially as it pertains to new idea generation
• Lead data discovery with key stakeholders to analyze data needs and develop strategy for streamlining reporting and data delivery processes
• Experience developing SQL connector and data extraction solutions with Alteryx is required
• Experience developing data visualizations/interactive dashboards using Tableau
• Experience creating detailed design documents for business logic/data product solutions
• Very Strong experience with SQL and writing/optimizing complex queries
• 3 years of experience in Software Design, Development, Implementation and Maintenance of Business Intelligence products
• Must have advanced experience with Tableau Server development and deployment, as well as advanced Tableau functionality (parameters, actions, tooltip modifications, etc.) to create analytical and complex interactive dashboards
• BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other technical degree
• Disciplined with effective execution – Demonstrate a disciplined approach; deployment, and follow-through to ensure achievement of results
• Proven track record of translating clients' business needs into comprehensive reporting solutions that provide the client with actionable content
• Ability to understand and communicate technical concepts at business and also entry user level
• Effectively resolves problems and roadblocks as they occur
• Advanced knowledge of industry standards and practices in business intelligence reporting concepts
• Excellent communication skills with strong background working directly with coworkers and clientele to identify business objectives and establish requirements
• Worked in a team environment and coordinate with business/functional team
Citizens of Pluto TV have the privilege of entertaining millions of people. We are entrepreneurs looking to revolutionize the future of TV. While our planet is small, our ambition is boundless. The stakes don't get much higher.
Becoming a Citizen is hard work. We need self-starters that thrive in changing environments, who treat company resources like their own, and who deliver seemingly impossible outcomes at warp speed. It's the only way we stay ahead of the giants looking to take the opportunity we have earned. We are selective but once chosen, you're in.
Why You Should Become a Citizen of Pluto TV
As stated, becoming a Citizen is hard work but the rewards of citizenship are plentiful. Work with the smartest people on some of the most complex projects of your life, while profoundly impacting both Pluto TV and the broader world of entertainment. Share in the epic quest to define the future of television as we know it. Big commitment, huge impact, lasting change.
As a Citizen, you will enjoy generously-sponsored medical benefits, a generous vacation policy, 401K retirement plan, social and team events, and more!
We're an equal opportunity employer (EOE)
At Pluto TV and Viacom, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Viacom is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.