Analyst, Ad Sales Finance
Pluto TVWest Hollywood, CA
Full Time Job
Analyst, Ad Sales Finance (FP&A)
Overview and Responsibilities
We are looking for a Revenue Analyst, to join the Pluto Financial Planning & Analysis team, who will play a critical role in analyzing data and building financial models to identify key opportunities that drive strategic business initiatives around our ad-sales revenue model! This role will be that of a strategic, financial and analytical partner to our Ad Sales, Monetization, Ad Operations and Ad Tech teams globally.
This is a meaningful role with a wide range of responsibilities, including:
• Support the Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Budgeting and Forecasting & Financial Close cycles for Pluto TV Advertising Sales FP&A – which includes the consolidation of underlying data and analytics supporting the revenue organization.
• Preparation of weekly financial summary to Finance & Ad Sales Leadership, which includes analysis on cash pacing, pricing & other key sales metrics.
• Preparation of Operating Review, Budget, and Long-Range Plan presentations for Senior Leadership including both the CFO and ViacomCBS corporate groups.
• Monitor and report on changes to the Ad Sales Balance Sheet & Statement of Cash Flows, identifying key drivers in account variances for corporate pacing, estimates, & financial closes.
• Manages monthly reconciliations between various sources of data, conducts light billing activities to ensure timely payments and monitors aging of advertising clients.
• Calculates quarterly commissions of sales teams.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to deeply understand business objectives and drive successful outcomes
• Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field (Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics) or equivalent practical experience
• 2-4 years of experience in management consulting, investment banking or project management in a technology/media company
• Strong understanding of Ad Sales, revenue recognition and analytics.
• High technical proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Docs including building complex financial models
• Desire to learn database querying (e.g. SQL) and 3rd party visualization tools (Periscope, Tableau, Looker)
• Experience developing data-driven hypotheses and effectively communicating actionable insights to decision-makers
• Ability to translate analysis results into business recommendations
• Ability to work outside of your comfort zone and embrace the ambiguity of a high-growth startup environment
Pluto TV is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 100 live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. Headquartered in Los Angeles, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin. Pluto is a subsidiary of ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA), a global content company with premier television, film and digital entertainment brands.