Visualization Asset Builder
This was removed by the employer on 3/2/2023 7:50:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Post Production Category
Search for Visualization Asset Builder jobs in London-UK
Search all Visualization Asset Builder postings
Full Time Job
Reports To: Head of Assets
Works closely with: Pipeline team, Assets team, Supervisors, Production team.
The Asset Builder is a specialist 3D artist, capable of modeling, texturing, shading 3D characters, objects, props and environments which are optimized for real-time workflow in Maya and Unreal. Key to the role is the ability to work at high-speed and in an efficient manner, creating assets which are appropriate for the pre-production process as opposed to finals VFX.
The Asset Builder works under the supervision of the Asset Lead or the Visualization Supervisor and must be able to take artistic direction in order to deliver on brief and on time. They should have a strong sense of design, composition and art direction and possess initiative. Experience of low-polygon modelling is essential and a working knowledge of real-time OpenGL techniques for lighting and FX is a plus.
Required professional skills:
- Build, Texture, and light models quickly and efficiently.
- Understanding of best practices for polygon and texture budgets to deliver optimised performance.
- Good knowledge of topological considerations when modelling for deformation.
- Basic Rigging understanding
- Have a strong sense of design, composition and lighting
- Be able to successfully take and interpret creative direction.
- Adaptable and accepting of creative change throughout a project
- Knowledge of cinematic language and technical terminology
- Transfer and/or create lower resolution models from higher resolution models.
- Good working knowledge of Unreal's material system
- Autodesk Maya
- Unreal Engine
- Substance painter
- Autodesk Motion Builder (a plus)
- Mudbox (a plus)
Please note this role is based in our London studio. There is the opportunity for this role to have a hybrid working pattern which can be discussed on an individual basis.
You must be eligible to work in the UK to be able to apply for this role; we are unable to offer sponsorship licences at present. Freelance applications are welcome.