VFX Production Coordinator
This was removed by the employer on 2/22/2023 8:50:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Coordinator Category
Search for VFX Production Coordinator jobs in Vancouver-BC
Search all VFX Production Coordinator postings
Full Time Job
We'd like to Re-Introduce You to Pixomondo!
PIXOMONDO is a forward-thinking, artist-driven company with an established global network of facilities in both Europe and North America. Our mission is to develop and produce stunning visual effects and innovative entertainment experiences for our clients.
We are in the process of expanding our Vancouver team and are looking for like-minded VFX industry professionals who are excited to get in on the ground floor and explore new terrain as we establish a positive culture within the VFX community.
We believe there is a need for radical transformation across the industry and we will be instruments of change! We believe openness, balancing life and external inspiration, and an opportunity to truly craft your career path are great starting points to being a VFX studio of the future, commencing with our new studio in Vancouver, Canada. Our PXO team continues to expand and explore the frontiers of tech in filmmaking, and we're looking for you!
Who Loves Working here?
Creative visionaries who value contribution to the final product. They have an eye for quality and are consistently in pursuit of technical excellence. Their naturally collaborative spirit brings the team together and they foster community both inside and outside work.
The Mission Ahead:
As Production Coordinator, you're a master of organization and communication. The Production Coordinator is at the heart of the show, ensuring scheduling and management of the body of work continues to flow, while balancing multiple projects and tasks seamlessly. You excel at scheduling, communication between multiple stakeholders and ensure important information and updates are hard to miss across artists and team members on your show. Reporting to the Head of Production in close collaboration with the Show Producer and Production Manager, you will be responsible for delegating aspects of the project to the show's Production Assistants while also working closely with the artists, Lead, and Supervisor.
Day-to-Day, You'll Accomplish:
• Establishing the cadence of communicating discipline targets, assignments, and priorities to your artist crew, as well as the overall show crew on a daily and weekly basis
• Scheduling, tracking, and managing assigned work in Shotgun in collaboration with the Production Manager
• Ensuring work is on schedule for each department and is meeting internal and client deadlines
• Frequently assessing artists' needs regarding workload, targets, etc
• Setting up turnovers with the discipline crew and communicating turnover information to all artists assigned to asset(s) or shot(s)
• Tracking client needs, reviews, and deliveries to ensure your discipline hits their targets
• Acting as the primary communication liaison between all parties relevant to your work. Providing updates, priorities, reschedules, and status of all shots at any given moment
• Anticipating and communicating issues to leadership team(s) to reach solutions in a timely manner
• Supervising, training, and delegating to your assigned Production Assistant(s)
• Acting as primary point person for organizing dailies/shot reviews throughout the day on behalf of your discipline Supe/Lead. Take notes regarding feedback and decisions made and enter any required information into Shotgun/communicate to all so as to provide updates to all others impacted
• Prioritizing and escalating all technical support issues
• Performing special projects as needed
Your Track Record:
• Two years' work experience in production coordination including strong working knowledge of post-production techniques and terminology
• Proficiency in Macs/PCs including Microsoft Word and Excel
• Shotgun and I/O experience
• Must possess very strong organizational and communication skills and be able to handle a variety of tasks in an efficient manner while meeting deadlines
• Attention to detail, follow through, and strong communication skills
• Must be eligible to work in Canada/BC
Not sure if You're a Fit? Drop Us a Line to Say Hello!
At Pixomondo, we believe that culture and diversity feed creativity. We value each individual employee's unique perspective and understand that in fostering equality and inclusion, we design a more engaging entertainment experience for everyone around the globe.