Unreal Engine Technical Artist
Full Time Job
About Pixomondo Virtual Production
Creative. Independent. Builder. Problem solver. If these describe you, then Pixomondo's Virtual Production team might be just the right place to further hone your skills, dive into some really interesting, complex problems, and be a driver on the leading edge of film-making. As part of a brand new team and function, you will be building and prototyping new concepts and technology, bringing creative ideas to solve problems that will define an industry. Our technology bridges VFX into real-time virtual production to deliver a seamless filming experience. Highly self-driven, you will be part of a dynamic, flexible team, and we in turn will support your career goals through professional development and world-class learning opportunities. Join us to innovate the future of filmmaking.
What we're looking for
• Unreal Engine expertise.
• Passionate about real-time rendering and strives for photorealism.
• Proficiency with Blueprints is a must, a strong grasp of OOP and HLSL is helpful.
• Strong intuition with linear algebra and trigonometry.
• At least 2 years of experience in the industry working with Unreal Engine.
• BA in related field or equivalent experience.
• Knowledge of Maya with a core understanding of the inner workings of the tool.
• An understanding of Houdini is very valuable
• Excellent communication skills.
• Solid organization skills with adherence to file structures, naming conventions, and other established protocols.
• Comfortable with version control and CI.
• Independent, adaptable, and able to effectively meet deadlines.
• Portfolio/website demonstrating technical artistic ability that includes Unreal / Unity based work.
• Familiarity with motion capture, virtual production, camera tracking, Virtual reality, and augmented reality is a big plus.
What you'll be doing
• Work collaboratively with other departments to ensure parity between DCC packages and Unreal.
• Profile and optimize scenes to meet the project requirements without sacrificing visual fidelity.
• Develop shaders, tools, particle systems, and modules for the internal library.
• Create world-class photorealistic imagery.