Unreal Engine Generalist
Full Time Job
About Pixomondo Virtual Production
Creative. Independent. Builder. Problem solver. If these describe you, then Pixomondo's Virtual Production team might be just the right place to further hone your skills, dive into some really interesting, complex problems, and be a driver on the leading edge of film-making. As part of a brand new team and function, you will be building and prototyping new concepts and technology, bringing creative ideas to solve problems that will define an industry. Our technology bridges VFX into real-time virtual production to deliver a seamless filming experience. Highly self-driven, you will be part of a dynamic, flexible team, and we in turn will support your career goals through professional development and world-class learning opportunities. Join us to innovate the future of filmmaking.
What we're looking for.
• Passion for real-time rendering and creating photorealism.
• Can provide portfolio work demonstrating strong technical artistic ability (composition, scale, color, light) that includes Unreal / Unity based work.
• Excellent communication / interpersonal skills.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to improvise and adapt to shifting project goals.
• Solid organization skills with adherence to file structures, naming conventions, and other established protocols.
• Independent and self-driven; able to meet deadlines with minimal supervision in a fast-paced production environment.[Saut de retour à la ligne]
• 2 years of industry experience working with Unreal Engine 4. (VFX / Game Dev).
• Experience using version control (Git, Perforce).
• Proficient with Unreal's Blueprint system, c is a bonus.
• Solid lighting, shading, and layout for game engine skills.
• Experience with Mari, Substance Painter, Quixel Mixer, or similar texturing software is a big plus.
• Experience with procedural workflows is a plus.[Saut de retour à la ligne](i.e. Houdini, Substance Designer)
• Experience with Maya is a plus.
What you'll be doing.
• Create world-class photoreal imagery for film and TV.
• R&D cutting-edge techniques for real-time art.
• Discover and document methods learned during production for creating high-quality real-time renders.
• Work closely with other artists and technicians to ensure parity between DCC packages and Unreal.
• Flag and troubleshoot rendering bugs.
• Profile and optimize scenes to meet the project requirements without sacrificing visual fidelity.
• Develop shaders, tools, FX, modules, and/or various assets for the internal library.