Shading Artist / Lookdev
This was removed by the employer on 8/2/2021 8:14:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Search for Shading Artist / Lookdev jobs in Frankfurt-HE
Search all Shading Artist / Lookdev postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Shading Artist / Lookdev?
Full Time Job
• 2 years or more experience as a Shading Artist in the visual effects industry
• There are strong collaborations between departments, we are looking for someone who is comfortable working with both Leads from our Asset Team and our Texturing department.
• Excellent skills in Maya, Arnold and strong knowledge of Nuke programs
• Strong understanding of shading models and rendering methods
• Previous experience performing Look Development tasks
• Understanding of TXT workflows and channels
• Excellent attention to detail
• Solid communication skills in spoken and written English (any German is a plus)
• Strong interpersonal skills, a great team player
• Ability to work to tight deadlines
• Willingness to share knowledge as well as willingness to learn
• Houdini or Unreal experience is a plus
• Basic knowledge of scripting in Maya is a plus (mel or preferably python)
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Create and design Shading for complex scenes
• Lookdev of assets, environments and FX elements
• Work with Supervisors, Leads and Comp team to ensure all elements achieve the desired look, whilst ensuring continuity
• Ability to self-troubleshoot renders
• Maintain shot quotas set by Prod and leads
• Key-Light templated shots
• Ability to identify problematic shots that may affect delivery schedules and communicate concerns to Leads and Supervisors
• You must have an existing EU work permit and permission to live in Germany
• Please include your current reel, resume and rate / salary expectation in your application.