Senior Virtual Art Department Generalist
This was removed by the employer on 6/13/2023 1:50:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Search for Senior Virtual Art Department Generalist jobs in Toronto-ON
Search all Senior Virtual Art Department Generalist postings
Full Time Job
PXO creates industry-leading Virtual Production and Visual Effects for premium Film and Episodic content. With over 20 industry awards and nominations, PXO, a Sony Pictures Entertainment company, is a trusted partner for storytellers and showrunners worldwide. The company has been creating iconic work since 2001, from Martin Scorsese's Academy Award winning Hugo and HBO's Emmy winning Game of Thrones, House of the Dragon, through to Amazon's The Boys, Marvel's Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania and many more.
In Virtual Production, PXO helps clients to realize their creative vision, from production through to post-production. Using interactive technology and proprietary software and solutions, PXO brings ideas to life by virtually immersing filmmakers in the worlds they imagined, throughout every stage of the creative process. The company's latest LED volume work includes House of the Dragon, Star Trek: Discovery and Star Trek: Strange New Worlds and Netflix's upcoming Avatar: The Last Airbender.
PXO has seven studios and three LED volumes in the US, UK, Germany and Canada.
About Pixomondo's Virtual Art Department:
The Virtual Art Department (VAD) is the bridge between a traditional Art Department to the Virtual Production (VP) and Visual Effects (VFX). VAD Generalists work with the Art Director to create Real Time environments and assets to allow for virtual scouting and pre-lighting with the client. Besides building preliminary real time environments, VAD Generalists may also provide concept art and designs as needed, and overpainting renders to generate key art frames that help define the ''look'' of a show.
• Creating 3D Real Time Assets (model/texture) and Previs geometry
• Blocking out layout and lighting for real time environment builds in Unreal Engine
• Optimizing assets to be performant for scouting and pre-lighting
• Prepare scene and content ahead of client reviews and virtual scouting sessions
• Potentially help process and cleanup of photogrammetry assets
• Potentially help with rapid prototyping of designs using 2D/3D techniques
• Potentially create concept art and mood boards for VP/VFX projects
• Potentially render and overpaint to generate Key Art Frames for VP/VFX projects to guide the looks early on
• Team up with VAD Concept Artist and work together to tackle creative development
• Communicate with Production and the Art Director and follow up on specific artistic direction
• Work to meet defined milestones and deadlines
The Ideal Candidate:
• A strong traditional/digital art foundation with an emphasis on photo-realism
• Being able to follow a specific style/look and achieve a more stylized finish is a plus
• Experience using Unreal Engine is a huge plus
• A desire to learn and the ability to quickly pickup new software
• Demonstrated and proven ability in one or more 2D/3D techniques, including : Modeling / Texturing / Shading / Lighting / Look Dev / Matte Painting / Concept Art / Design / Procedural Environment Creation
• Demonstrated and proven knowledge in some or all of these software packages : Photoshop / Maya / Unreal Engine / Z Brush / Houdini / Gaea / Substance Painter / Nuke (Comparable Software experience considered e.g., Blender)
• An individual who displays strong teamwork and excellent communication
• An individual with VFX experience is a huge plus