Full Time Job
We'd like to Re-Introduce You to Pixomondo!
PIXOMONDO is a forward-thinking, artist-driven company with an established global network of facilities in both Europe and North America. Our mission is to develop and produce stunning visual effects and innovative entertainment experiences for our clients.
We are in the process of expanding our Toronto team and are looking for like-minded VFX industry professionals who are excited to get in on the ground floor and explore new terrain as we establish a positive culture within the VFX community.
We believe there is a need for radical transformation across the industry and we will be instruments of change! We believe openness, balancing life and external inspiration, and an opportunity to truly craft your career path are great starting points to being a VFX studio of the future. Our PXO team continues to expand and explore the frontiers of tech in filmmaking, and we're looking for you!
Who Loves Working here?
Creative visionaries who value contribution to the final product. They have an eye for quality and are consistently in pursuit of technical excellence. Their naturally collaborative spirit brings the team together and they foster community both inside and outside work.
The Mission Ahead:
As Senior Rigger, you will be responsible for developing, testing, troubleshooting, maintaining, and implementing rigs for a wide variety of shows within the studio. You're an anatomy aficionado, you have a distinct knack for character movement mechanics. You love a collaborative environment and you're keen to share your expertise with your team with a passion for mentoring junior artists.
Day-to-Day, You'll Accomplish:
• Mentoring entry-level artists
• Providing and maintaining rigs for various characters, creatures, facial, vehicles, and props in Maya
• Troubleshooting rigging pipeline issues proficiently under the guidance of supervisors
• Coordinating with the animation team to fulfill their needs and build efficient rigs
• Communicating with the modeling team on the suitability of models for rigging
• Incorporating feedback from the supervisor to meet expectations
• Actively researching and studying innovative ways of rigging to produce light and user-friendly rigs
Your Track Record Will Include:
• Minimum 4 years of rigging experience working on high-end projects.
• Knowledge and experience using modular rigging systems
• Comprehensive knowledge of Maya
• Experience with Python scripting is a must
• A reel demonstrating mechanical rigging abilities
• Strong comprehensive knowledge of anatomy, deformation, and mechanics of movement
• Experience with muscle systems is a plus
• Good organizational and communication skills
• Ability to take on a delegated task with minimal supervision
• Attention to detail and creative problem solving
• Ability to work well within a team environment and willingness to share knowledge
• Ability to work well under the pressure of tight deadlines
• Ability to learn quickly and assimilate new information
• Must be eligible to work in Canada.
• Include your current resume and recent demo reel.
• Please make sure your resume also includes your name, address, phone, and email.
Not sure if You're a Fit? Drop Us a Line to Say Hello!
At Pixomondo, we believe that culture and diversity feed creativity. We value each individual employee's unique perspective and understand that in fostering equality and inclusion, we design a more engaging entertainment experience for everyone around the globe.