Senior Python Developer
Full Time Job
• Computer Science degree or equivalent experience
• 3-5 years Python (comfortable designing APIs and larger application architecture)
• 2-3 years C/C Visual Studio (work will entail compiling complex VFX C/C libraries and dependencies on Windows)
• 1-3 years SQL / RDBMS database admin (and/or equivalent experience with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB Redis)
• Strong familiarity with GIT / SVN and collaborative workflows (code review, standards, etc.)
• Reasonably comfortable with Continuous Integration and Deployment tools and procedures
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Develop and maintain shared Python libraries, web interfaces, microservices, and databases.
• Manage and troubleshoot a complex deployment mechanism to ensure maximum uptime.
• Maintain, refactor, improve, and test existing code to reduce technical debt.
• Proactively help refine and improve the team's development standards and processes.
• Communicate with team and other production personnel.
• Do code reviews and give productive feedback to team members.
• Submit your own code for code reviews.
• UI development using PySide / PyQt4
• Linux Administration experience and familiarity with VMs (Vagrant / Docker knowledge a plus)
• Experience deploying Memcached / Redis and other caching systems
• Experience with Agile (Scrum / Kanban), the ideal applicant is comfortable coaching others in Agile
• Experience deploying ELK stack or other logging/stats /visualization tools
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online