This was removed by the employer on 7/19/2023 3:50:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Search for Lead Compositor jobs in Vancouver-BC
Search all Lead Compositor postings
Full Time Job
PXO creates industry-leading Virtual Production and Visual Effects for premium Film and Episodic content. With over 20 industry awards and nominations, PXO, a Sony Pictures Entertainment company, is a trusted partner for storytellers and showrunners worldwide. The company has been creating iconic work since 2001, from Martin Scorsese's Academy Award winning Hugo and HBO's Emmy winning Game of Thrones, House of the Dragon, through to Amazon's The Boys, Marvel's Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania and many more.
In Virtual Production, PXO helps clients to realize their creative vision, from production through to post-production. Using interactive technology and proprietary software and solutions, PXO brings ideas to life by virtually immersing filmmakers in the worlds they imagined, throughout every stage of the creative process. The company's latest LED volume work includes House of the Dragon, Star Trek: Discovery and Star Trek: Strange New Worlds and Netflix's upcoming Avatar: The Last Airbender.
PXO has seven studios and three LED volumes in the US, UK, Germany and Canada.
The Lead Compositor will oversee a team united in the goal of delivering excellence in all compositing aspects for our Television and Feature projects. Working directly with the Compositing Supervisor and in close collaboration with the VFX Supervisor and Art Directors, their goal will be to ensure quality and technical excellence in all mandates.
Day-to-Day, You'll accomplish:
• Engage with key creatives including VFX Supervisors, Compositing Supervisors to outline project scope and workflow
• Train and mentor artists across the team
• Work alongside talented individuals in multiple departments to creatively problem solve shots
• Assess and quality control final frame output to the client
• Seamlessly integrate 2D, 3D, and live-action elements with an eye for photorealism and a strong aesthetic sensibility
• Solve creative and technical problems under tight deadlines and fast turnaround
• Supervise junior employees; work within a collaborative team environment
Your Track Record:
• 4 years experience in a live-action VFX Environment.
• Well-versed with being on a project from initial turnover to final frames
• Feature and Episodic experience under your belt
• Consistent positive attitude and passion for your craft
• A keen eye for detail
• Expert understanding of the Nuke 3D environment and projection mapping.
• Extensive experience with multi-pass 3D renders.
• Firm understanding of colour space and LUTs.
• Knowledge of Maya, Houdini, Mocha, and PFTrack are a plus.
• A thorough understanding of both feature film and television VFX production pipelines.
• A strong eye for detail, composition, colour, and lighting. An ability to make shots look great
• Ability to multitask, prioritize and problem solve in a fast-paced environment
• A team player with excellent communication skills.
Not sure if You're a Fit? Drop Us a Line to Say Hello!