Senior / Lead Compositor
Full Time Job
We'd like to Re-Introduce You to Pixomondo!
PIXOMONDO is a forward-thinking, artist-driven company with an established global network of facilities in both Europe and North America. Our mission is to develop and produce stunning visual effects and innovative entertainment experiences for our clients.
We are in the process of expanding our Vancouver team and are looking for like-minded VFX industry professionals who are excited to get in on the ground floor and explore new terrain as we establish a positive culture within the VFX community.
We believe there is a need for radical transformation across the industry and we will be instruments of change! We believe openness, balancing life and external inspiration, and an opportunity to truly craft your career path are great starting points to being a VFX studio of the future, commencing with our new studio in Vancouver, Canada. Our PXO team continues to expand and explore the frontiers of tech in filmmaking, and we're looking for you!
Who Loves Working here?
Creative visionaries who value contribution to the final product. They have an eye for quality and are consistently in pursuit of technical excellence. Their naturally collaborative spirit brings the team together and they foster community both inside and outside work.
The Mission Ahead:
The Lead Compositor will oversee a team united in the goal of delivering excellence in all compositing aspects for our Television and Feature projects. Working directly with the Compositing Supervisor and in close collaboration with the VFX Supervisor and Art Directors, their goal will be to ensure quality and technical excellence in all mandates.
Day-to-Day, You'll Accomplish:
• Engage with key creatives including VFX Supervisors, Compositing Supervisors to outline project scope and workflow
• Train and mentor artists across the team
• Work alongside talented individuals in multiple departments to creatively problem solve shots
• Assess and quality control final frame output to the client
• Seamlessly integrate 2D, 3D, and live-action elements with an eye for photorealism and a strong aesthetic sensibility
• Solve creative and technical problems under tight deadlines and fast turnaround
• Supervise junior employees; work within a collaborative team environment
Your Track Record:
• 4 years experience in a live-action VFX Environment.
• Well-versed with being on a project from initial turnover to final frames
• Feature and Episodic experience under your belt
• Consistent positive attitude and passion for your craft
• A keen eye for detail
• Expert understanding of the Nuke 3D environment and projection mapping.
• Extensive experience with multi-pass 3D renders.
• Firm understanding of colour space and LUTs.
• Knowledge of Maya, Houdini, Mocha, and PFTrack are a plus.
• A thorough understanding of both feature film and television VFX production pipelines.
• A strong eye for detail, composition, colour, and lighting. An ability to make shots look great.
• Ability to multitask, prioritize and problem solve in a fast-paced environment
• A team player with excellent communication skills.
Not sure if You're a Fit? Drop Us a Line to Say Hello!
At Pixomondo, we believe that culture and diversity feed creativity. We value each individual employee's unique perspective and understand that in fostering equality and inclusion, we design a more engaging entertainment experience for everyone around the globe.