Senior Layout Artist
This was removed by the employer on 4/18/2023 1:50:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Search for Senior Layout Artist jobs in Vancouver-BC
Search all Senior Layout Artist postings
Full Time Job
PXO creates industry-leading Virtual Production and Visual Effects for premium Film and Episodic content. With over 20 industry awards and nominations, PXO, a Sony Pictures Entertainment company, is a trusted partner for storytellers and showrunners worldwide. The company has been creating iconic work since 2001, from Martin Scorsese's Academy Award winning Hugo and HBO's Emmy winning Game of Thrones, House of the Dragon, through to Amazon's The Boys, Marvel's Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania and many more.
In Virtual Production, PXO helps clients to realize their creative vision, from production through to post-production. Using interactive technology and proprietary software and solutions, PXO brings ideas to life by virtually immersing filmmakers in the worlds they imagined, throughout every stage of the creative process. The company's latest LED volume work includes House of the Dragon, Star Trek: Discovery and Star Trek: Strange New Worlds and Netflix's upcoming Avatar: The Last Airbender.
PXO has seven studios and three LED volumes in the US, UK, Germany and Canada.
Working closely with the VFX Supervisor and CG Supervisor, the Senior Layout Artist delivers CG Camera layouts and choreographs the position of characters and objects while taking into consideration the overall story and emotion of the project based on the Client's vision.
Day-to-Day, You'll Accomplish:
• Working with the VFX Supervisor and CG Supervisor to layout cg environments including adding props, adjusting LiDAR, and ensuring world space orientation is correct
• Assisting with camera set up and creative camera take-overs as needed, rough animation, environments and asset blocking
• Designing full CG cameras and scenes with impeccable attention to detail using dynamic and creative approaches that are in keeping with the Client's vision
• Communicating and flagging any concerns to the production team effectively in order to ensure a streamlined and efficient pipeline handoff to other departments including animation, DMP, and FX
Your Track Record:
• At least 4 years of relevant professional VFX experience in feature film or television
• Excellent artistic skillset with a full understanding of matchmove, object tracks, scene layout
• Strong problem-solving, interpersonal, and communication skills and the ability to work under tight deadlines
• Advanced knowledge in Maya required, 3dEqualizer (or other tracking software) as a plus
• Knowledge of Universal Scene Description, Nuke and Unreal is a plus
Must be eligible to work in British Columbia, Canada
Not sure if You're a Fit? Drop Us a Line to Say Hello!