Senior FX Artist
Full Time Job
We'd like to Re-Introduce You to Pixomondo!
PIXOMONDO is a forward-thinking, artist-driven company with an established global network of facilities in both Europe and North America. Our mission is to develop and produce stunning visual effects and innovative entertainment experiences for our clients.
We are in the process of expanding our Vancouver team and are looking for like-minded VFX industry professionals who are excited to get in on the ground floor and explore new terrain as we establish a positive culture within the VFX community.
We believe there is a need for radical transformation across the industry and we will be instruments of change! We believe openness, balancing life and external inspiration, and an opportunity to truly craft your career path are great starting points to being a VFX studio of the future, commencing with our new studio in Vancouver, Canada. Our PXO team continues to expand and explore the frontiers of tech in filmmaking, and we're looking for you!
Who Loves Working here?
Creative visionaries who value contribution to the final product. They have an eye for quality and are consistently in pursuit of technical excellence. Their naturally collaborative spirit brings the team together and they foster community both inside and outside work.
The Mission Ahead:
Reporting jointly to the Head of FX and Head of CG, the Senior FX Artist works in collaboration with the composting, animation, and lighting teams to produce stunning smoke, fire, water and destruction effects as well as other simulations in a photorealistic manner to add to the drama of the projects we are involved with.
Day-to-Day, You'll Accomplish:
• Design and create a wide variety of realistic visual effects, including but not limited to destruction, smoke, fire, water and the supernatural
• Work in coordination with the Lighting team to ensure smooth integration of FX elements
• Work in the early stages of the project to develop FX rigs for use throughout the production
• Work with the VFX Supervisor and CG Supervisor to create photo-realistic effects across multiple scenes and environments
• Work with FX Supervisor and Leads to achieve the desired level of aesthetic quality and technical accuracy
Your Track Record:
• 4 years of production experience using Houdini and Maya in film/commercials
• Knowledge of particles, fluids (smoke, dust, water), RBD simulations, MEL/Python
• Knowledge of Arnold
• A demo reel showing a strong understanding of FX simulations movement, gravity, and detail
• Excellent communication skills and technical knowledge
• Ability to follow creative & technical briefs with regard to the production schedule and set milestones
• Ability to work with animation, lighting & compositing as necessary in order to meet FX animation objectives
• Excellent attention to detail
• Good organization and communication skills
• Ability to work under tight deadlines
• Good interpersonal skills
• Ability to work in a strong team environment
• You must be eligible to work in British Columbia, Canada
Not sure if You're a Fit? Drop Us a Line to Say Hello!
At Pixomondo, we believe that culture and diversity feed creativity. We value each individual employee's unique perspective and understand that in fostering equality and inclusion, we design a more engaging entertainment experience for everyone around the globe.