Senior FX Artist
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Search for Senior FX Artist jobs in Toronto-ON
PXO creates industry-leading Virtual Production and Visual Effects for premium Film and Episodic content. With over 20 industry awards and nominations, PXO, a Sony Pictures Entertainment company, is a trusted partner for storytellers and showrunners worldwide. The company has been creating iconic work since 2001, from Martin Scorsese's Academy Award winning Hugo and HBO's Emmy winning Game of Thrones, House of the Dragon, through to Amazon's The Boys, Marvel's Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania and many more.
In Virtual Production, PXO helps clients to realize their creative vision, from production through to post-production. Using interactive technology and proprietary software and solutions, PXO brings ideas to life by virtually immersing filmmakers in the worlds they imagined, throughout every stage of the creative process. The company's latest LED volume work includes House of the Dragon, Star Trek: Discovery and Star Trek: Strange New Worlds and Netflix's upcoming Avatar: The Last Airbender.
PXO has seven studios and three LED volumes in the US, UK, Germany and Canada.
• 4 years of FX Artist experience in a production environment
• Experienced in Houdini & Maya
• Creative ability & artistic talent
• Strong experience creating a wide variety of FX simulations (water, smoke, fire, destruction, supernatural)
• A good understanding of generic simulation engines
• Understanding of physics, realistic motion, and various natural phenomena at different scales
• Ability to work in a team as well as independently, proactively solving technical issues as needed
• Compositing, shading, scripting and programming experience are all assets
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Design and create a wide variety of realistic visual effects, including but not limited to destruction, smoke, fire, water and the supernatural
• Revise simulations based on client and supervisor feedback in a timely manner
• Work in coordination with the Lighting team to ensure smooth integration of FX elements
• Work with FX Supervisor and Leads to achieve the desired level of aesthetic quality and technical accuracy
• Must be eligible to work in Canada.
• Include your current resume and IMDB.
• Please make sure your resume also includes your name, address, phone, and email.