Senior Rigging Artist
Full Time Job
Reports To: Head of Assets
Works closely with: Pipeline team, Assets team, Supervisors, Production team.
The Senior Rigging Artist is responsible for managing CG character, creature and environment rigging requirements across all projects. They work closely with the asset team, visualization supervisors and lead artists on individual projects and the Pipeline team to improve the rigging workflow on an ongoing basis. They are able to multi-task, problem solve and work proactively and reactively when required.
• Ongoing technological development of the rigging department to improve and integrate rigs into the vis production pipeline.
• Lead development of optimized creature, character and facial rigs
• Ensure that rigs allow characters, creatures and objects to move, articulate and emote as directed.
• Management and delivery of all rigging department tasks.
• Provide updates to supervisors and production teams on an ongoing basis.
• Train artists in rigging tools and the best practice.
• Experience of creating creature, character and facial rigs
• Knowledge of anatomy, physics dynamics and character motion
• Advanced Maya, Python, Mel, GUI scripting and the ability to follow strict coding standards
• Experience with full scripted modular/functional rigging
• Ability to optimize rigs for efficiency
• Analytical and artistic skills, visual problem solving
• Collaborative work ethic
• CG modeling experience
• Working knowledge of Unreal Engine
• Understanding of visualization, animation & VFX pipelines.