Full Time Job
• Work closely with the Director and Previz Supervisor to create cinematic sequences in the 3D environment that both interpret and enhance the unique vision for the story. Must be able to work from storyboards and/or create sequences from script treatments. Able to analyze, trouble-shoot and creatively solve cinematic problems that inevitably arise in the course of production.
• Able to pitch and effectively communicate these solutions and ideas to the Director, Previz Supervisor and creative team. Work with the Director, the Previz Supervisor and the CG Supervisor to refine sequence and shot iterations until approved.
• Attend department meetings with to keep up to date on story reel changes and department. Adhere to the production schedule for the department. Identify and flag any pipeline or department work-flow problems that may arise. Communicate in a timely fashion with Production for all inter-department issues.
• Provide a clean, legible final file and appropriate notes to the next department.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in computer Science or computer animation or equivalent work
• 5 years of experience creating cinematic previz or rough layout for CG animation, with multiple feature film experience.
• A strong interest in Previz/Layout, storytelling.
• Strong knowledge of cinematic language and the fundamentals of image structure, staging, lensing and composition. Able to work in the Maya environment and solid knowledge of the basic tools of the CG Previz artist. Shotgun knowledge.
• Some exposure to modeling, lighting, texturing and animation is preferred.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online