Previz Artist / Animator
Full Time Job
• A strong interest in Previz/Layout, storytelling.
• Strong knowledge of cinematic language and the fundamentals of image structure, staging, lensing, and composition.
• Strong knowledge of story structure.
• Shotgun knowledge
• Some exposure to modeling, lighting, texturing and animation is preferred.
• Demonstrated experience working in the Maya environment and solid knowledge of the basic tools of the CG Previz artist.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Work closely with the Director and Pre-viz Supervisor to create cinematic sequences in the 3-D environment that both interpret and enhance the unique vision for the story.
• Must be able to work from storyboards and/or create sequences from script treatments.
• Able to analyze, troubleshoot and creatively solve cinematic problems that inevitably arise in the course of production.
• Able to pitch and effectively communicate these solutions and ideas to the Director, Previz Supervisor and creative team.
• Work with the Director, the Previz Supervisor and the CG Supervisor to refine sequence and shot iterations until approved.
• Adhere to Pipeline protocols for the Previz department, as established by Production
• Identify and flag any pipeline or department work-flow problems that may arise.
• Adhere to the production schedule for the department.
• Attend department meetings to keep up to date on story reel changes and department
• Communicate in a timely fashion with Production for all inter-department issues.
• Attend all sequence reviews, launches and approvals with the Director and Maintain detailed and accurate notes.
• Provide a clean, legible final file and appropriate notes to the next department (Shot-prep).
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online