Full Time Job
PXO delivers industry-leading Virtual Production and Visual Effects expertise and solutions for premium Film and Episodic content. Technology and innovation is forefront, partnering with clients on solutions to deliver on their creative expectations for film and episodic content.
We have received over 20 industry award wins and nominations and are a trusted partner for storytellers and showrunners to create iconic, visually stunning work worldwide. This includes work on Martin Scorsese's Academy Award winning Hugo to HBO's Emmy winning Game of Thrones, through to Amazon's The Boys, HBO's House of the Dragon, and Netflix's upcoming movie The Pale Blue Eye. (Moonfall, See, The Orville, Winning Time, Matilda).
We're excited to share a new opportunity for a European based Nuke TD to join our PXO team.
You will work within the global pipeline team to build Nuke-related pipeline tools and solutions. You will be a key player in the team, participating in meetings with departments using Nuke to gather requirements analysis and suggest solutions that will help the teams work more efficiently.
• 3 years of experience as a Comp/Nuke TD in the VFX industry
• 3 years of experience with Python
• Extensive knowledge of Nuke
• Extensive knowledge of color management and OCIO workflows
• Strong familiarity with Nuke's Python API and writing Gizmos
• Knowledge of the overall VFX pipeline
• Experience with Windows and Linux
• Familiarity with TCL
• Familiarity with source control tools such as Git
• Provide support to the compositing and prep departments
• Develop and maintain global and show based scripts and tools
• Support for shot based issues together with leads and supervisors
• Advise on workflows and work on roadmap for future 2D pipeline
• Attend daily standups with Pipeline Team
• Write user and technical documentation
• Communicate technical issues to IT or Pipeline
• Take part in code reviews. Submit your own, and provide constructive feedback on other TDs code
• UI development using PySide / PyQt
• Reasonably comfortable with ShotGrid and Deadline API
• Experience with sequence-based approaches to compositing
• Experience with and writing Python for RV
• Experience with Regular Expressions
• Experience with BlinkScript
• Experience as a compositing artist
• Understanding of unit testing frameworks such as pytest or unittest
• Understanding of software architecture patterns and best practices
• Ability to write clear and concise documentation
This is a remote or hybrid work opportunity. Please note, the working hours for this position are based on a central European time zone.