Full Time Job
PIXOMONDO is an international visual effects company with a global network of facilities in the US, Germany, the UK and Canada. We are recruiting for various positions in our Los Angeles office, where we would like to welcome anyone with the right experience to work in a fresh and challenging environment.
• 3 years digital matte painting experience in a production environment
• Experience doing concept design is a plus
• Experience with advanced matte painting techniques including, appropriate layering, scene management and reference gathering
• Excellent skills in Photoshop and Mari
• Substance Painter knowledge preferred
• Good knowledge of the basic principles of 2.5D/3D Projections in Nuke and Maya. This includes camera setup, modelling for projections, colour space, projection setup, layer management and delivery to compositing.
• Strong technical experience in photography or lighting with an emphasis on colour and composition
• UV mapping workflow experience is a plus
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to take direction positively, work well within a team and under the pressure of tight deadlines
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Create photorealistic digital paintings and elements that match concept, using 2D and 3D tools and techniques including camera setup, modelling for projection, camera animation, projection setup, image re-projection, and atmospheric and light passes
• Provide confident leadership to our DMP/Environment department
• Perform tasks related to integrating imagery into shots, preserving a unified sense of lighting, perspective, and colour
• Combine painting skills in animation software, with a knowledge of photography, practical and digital modelling, and design, to create 2D and 3D paintings
• Work closely with Supervisors to ensure that plates meet planned concept design requirements
• Work in coordination with CG Lighting, Comp and Asset departments
• Must be eligible to work in Canada
• Please send us a strong portfolio of your previous work and completed projects.