Lighting & Lookdev Pipeline TD
Full Time Job
– Enhance, support and extend existing in-house tools and frameworks;
– Provide technical support to artists and pipeline team, implementing bug fixes or suggesting solutions and workarounds for show production;
– Develop tools in collaboration with the pipeline developers and studio coding standards;
– Create and maintain tools documentation;
– Work closely with the rest of the pipeline development team to ensure that standard work practices are followed and to report common problems in animation;
– Collaborating with the Pipeline Developers and TDs to map out and optimize workflows and tool integration;
– Research and recommend improvements to workflows to improve productivity or communication;
– Contribute to production technical knowledge base documentation such as workflows, known workarounds, resolution of common user mistakes;
5 years of experience working in feature film and television visual effects production environments
5 years professional software development experience in Python
Advanced knowledge of Maya, Nuke & Arnold(MtoA)
Strong understanding of lookdev, lighting, and rendering workflows and methods
Excellent at problem-solving skills and performing as a self-sufficient pipeline technical director
Enjoys being part of a pipeline team and supporting Asset and Lighting Departments and their artists
Experience with Katana and KtoA
Experience with Houdini and HtoA
Experience with Shotgun, Deadline and associated APIs
Experience with both Windows and Linux environments
Duties & Responsibilities:
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Lighting & Lookdev Pipeline TD is responsible for developing and maintaining the lighting and lookdev toolsets as well as supporting the various technical needs of the Asset Department and Lighting Department. The Lighting & Lookdev Pipeline TD does this in conjunction with the Head of CG, Global Pipeline Supervisor, Asset/CG Supervisors and their Department Leads. This requires strong communication, organizational skills, and critical problem solving all while designing robust code and tools, displaying extensive experience and knowledge of 3D DCC applications and their related APIs, and maintaining and adhering to the expectations and decisions of our Studio and the Global Pipeline team.
• Assist in the planning, design, and implementation of our lookdev and lighting toolsets in our standardized pipeline for visual effects production for television and film.
• Assists and works with a team of Show/Department Pipeline TDs, Pipeline TDs and Pipeline Developers responsible for deploying, configuring, and supporting the standardized pipeline.
• Collaborate with the Global Pipeline's Show/Department TDs, Pipeline TDs and Pipeline Developers to troubleshoot problems and implement solutions that are directly related to the Studio.
• Works closely with Head of CG, Asset/CG Supervisors and Department Leads to ensure that the lookdev and lighting workflows meets the needs of the productions.
• Acts as a point of contact for Asset/CG Supervisors and Production Management to resolve lookdev and lighting pipeline and workflow issues that are affecting artists and shows.
• Demonstrating proper technical standards, efficient and effective code development as well as constructive code feedback.
To Apply for this Position:
- Include your current resume and rate. Please make sure your resume also includes your name, address, phone and email.
- Priority will be given to US & Canadian applicants
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online