This was removed by the employer on 9/8/2023 10:50:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Search for Lead Roto-Paint jobs in Toronto-ON
Search all Lead Roto-Paint postings
Full Time Job
PXO creates industry-leading Virtual Production and Visual Effects for premium Film and Episodic content. With over 20 industry awards and nominations, PXO, a Sony Pictures Entertainment company, is a trusted partner for storytellers and showrunners worldwide. The company has been creating iconic work since 2001, from Martin Scorsese's Academy Award winning Hugo and HBO's Emmy winning Game of Thrones, House of the Dragon, through to Amazon's The Boys, Marvel's Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania and many more.
In Virtual Production, PXO helps clients to realize their creative vision, from production through to post-production. Using interactive technology and proprietary software and solutions, PXO brings ideas to life by virtually immersing filmmakers in the worlds they imagined, throughout every stage of the creative process. The company's latest LED volume work includes House of the Dragon, Star Trek: Discovery and Star Trek: Strange New Worlds and Netflix's upcoming Avatar: The Last Airbender.
PXO has seven studios and three LED volumes in the US, UK, Germany and Canada.
• Develop and implement processes and techniques for their show that artists can leverage to complete their tasks efficiently and effectively.
• Troubleshoot and resolve day-to-day show-related issues related to tasks and resourcing in their team, while working collaboratively with their department manager.
• Ensure that their artists are productive and have the necessary resources to complete their tasks within established deadlines.
• Collaborate with internal and external teams, including vendors, to ensure timely and high-quality project completion. This may involve coordinating with external vendors, providing briefs and reserving resources, communicating project requirements and timelines, and working with vendor teams to address any issues or challenges that arise.
• Communicate any potential roadblocks on their show to the appropriate production team member in a timely and effective manner.
• Lead and guide their artists to implement technical and creative feedback in a constructive and productive manner.
• Collaborate with their department supervisor to develop and implement a strategic vision for the department that aligns with company objectives.
• Train, mentor, and provide feedback to their team members to enhance their skills and foster growth and development.
• Review and approve the work produced by their team members to ensure it meets quality standards and is consistent with the creative vision of the project.
• Work closely with production management to develop and manage project schedules and budgets and ensure project milestones and deadlines are met.
• Manage and oversee the work of the team, including assigning tasks and monitoring progress, to ensure project success.
• Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures and identify opportunities for process improvements to increase efficiency and productivity.
• Maintain a positive and collaborative team environment and foster open communication between departments to facilitate successful project delivery.
• Participate in recruitment and hiring efforts, and work with artist managers to schedule and assign artists to shows based on their skills and experience.
• Experience: At least 2 years of experience working in a VFX facility with a focus on Roto/Paint, with experience in a supervisory role preferred.
• Technical Skills: Proficient in Silhouette, Nuke, and Shotgun, with advanced experience in at least one of these tools. Familiarity with other industry-standard tools is also preferred.
• Leadership Skills: Must be able to mentor and motivate artists to develop their skills and maintain a high level of morale in the team.
• Communication and Problem-Solving Skills: Excellent communication skills are essential, with the ability to effectively communicate with team members, other departments, and management. Must have strong problem-solving skills and be able to think critically to find solutions to complex technical and artistic problems.
• Collaborative and Open to Feedback: Must be able to work collaboratively with other departments and be open to feedback from team members and management. Must also ensure that notes from Roto Artists are addressed and implemented as appropriate.
• Education: A degree or diploma in a related field such as animation, film, or visual effects is preferred.
• Software Development: Knowledge of Python or other programming languages is a plus, but not mandatory.
• Availability and Flexibility: Must be willing to work flexible hours, including overtime and weekends, when necessary to meet project deadlines.
• Portfolio: Must provide a demo reel or portfolio of work that demonstrates their expertise in Roto/Paint and leadership skills.
Must be eligible to work in Canada/Ontario