Lead Matte Painter
Full Time Job
Founded in 2001 by CEO and Executive Producer Thilo Kuther, Pixomondo is a solutions-oriented design company that solves creative challenges for our clients and partners. Whether we are crafting never-before-seen visual effects for a feature film or developing innovative original concepts for a global marketing campaign, we leverage our collaborative design process to develop truly award-winning work. Our passion is to deliver the best ideas at the highest levels of quality on-time and on-budget, with the outstanding service you expect from a world-class company.
• 4 years digital matte painting experience in a production environment
• Experience doing concept design is a plus
• Experience with advanced matte painting techniques including, appropriate layering, scene management and reference gathering
• Excellent skills in Photoshop and Mari
• Substance Painter knowledge preferred
• Good knowledge of the basic principles of 2.5D/3D Projections in Nuke and Maya. This includes camera setup, modelling for projections, colour space, projection setup, layer management and delivery to compositing.
• Strong technical experience in photography or lighting with an emphasis on colour and composition
• UV mapping workflow experience is a plus
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to take direction positively, work well within a team and under the pressure of tight deadlines
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Create photorealistic digital paintings and elements that match concept, using 2D and 3D tools and techniques including camera setup, modelling for projection, camera animation, projection setup, image re-projection, and atmospheric and light passes
• Provide confident leadership to our DMP/Environment department
• Perform tasks related to integrating imagery into shots, preserving a unified sense of lighting, perspective, and colour
• Combine painting skills in animation software, with a knowledge of photography, practical and digital modelling, and design, to create 2D and 3D paintings
• Work closely with Supervisors to ensure that plates meet planned concept design requirements
• Work in coordination with CG Lighting, Comp and Asset departments
• Works closely with the Department Supervisor to set tasks and milestones for artists.
• Works with VFX Supervisors and Production to ensure the delivery of their corresponding sequences
• Provide artists with technical support and assistance to ensure they reach the quality standards
• Must be eligible to work in Canada
• Please send us a strong portfolio of your previous work and completed projects.