Lead Asset Artist
This was removed by the employer on 5/9/2023 5:50:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Search for Lead Asset Artist jobs in London-UK
Search all Lead Asset Artist postings
Full Time Job
London, UK, Permanent
We have a great new opportunity for an experienced Lead Asset Artist to join our team here at Pixomondo London working on a flexi basis from our London Studio.
The Asset Lead is an experienced 3D artist who is capable of modeling, texturing and shading 3D characters, objects, props and environments which are optimized for real-time workflow in Maya and Unreal. They are able to work at high-speed and efficiently, creating assets which are appropriate for the pre-production process as opposed to final VFX
The Asset Lead is responsible for the artistic and technical quality of all 3D models created for visualisation and virtual production. They will work closely with teams in rigging, texturing and both visualisation and VP supervisors to ensure that all 3D models are optimized for the pipeline.
The Asset Lead will partner with the visualisation supervisor to organise, plan and implement the asset build of a production. On a show basis and in collaboration with supervisors, production designer and art director they will interpret and develop initial models, helping to define the director's vision.
They are responsible for quality control, aesthetic consistency and technical standards of assets across all Pixomondo shows and will enforce standards through a combination of mentoring, training, team meetings and dailies.
- Troubleshoot and provide technical support on assets for different departments of production.
- Help define the pipeline, including inputs, outputs, scripts and tools.
- Responsible for clear lines of communication both with and between departments, will attend
meetings and address modeling comments/issues.
- Responsible for show wide modelling workflow, mentoring, documentation and information
- Manage and advise supervisors and production team on efficient ways to tackle asset production
- Quality control on all hero and key assets that need to be published
- Able to successfully take and interpret creative direction.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage a very busy team while meeting production
timetables and budgets.
- Understanding of best practices to deliver optimised performance.
- Build, texture, and light models quickly and efficiently.
- Expert knowledge of topological considerations when modelling for deformation.
- Strong rigging understanding
- Strong sense of design, composition and lighting
- Adaptable and accepting of creative change throughout a project
- Knowledge of cinematic language and technical terminology
- Transfer and/or create lower resolution models from higher resolution models.
- Good working knowledge of Unreal's material system
- Unreal Engine
- Substance painter
PXO delivers industry-leading Virtual Production and Visual Effects expertise and solutions for premium Film and Episodic content. Technology and innovation is forefront, partnering with clients on solutions to deliver on their creative expectations for film and episodic content.
Having received over 20 industry award wins and nominations, we are a trusted partner for storytellers and showrunners to create iconic, visually stunning work worldwide. This includes work on Martin Scorsese's Academy Award winning Hugo to HBO's Emmy winning Game of Thrones, through to Amazon's The Boys, HBO's House of the Dragon, and Netflix's upcoming movie The Pale Blue Eye. (Moonfall, See, The Orville, Winning Time, Matilda).