PixomondoLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 1/9/2024 12:50:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Crew Category
Search for Engine Operator jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Engine Operator postings
Full Time Job
PXO creates industry-leading Virtual Production and Visual Effects for premium Film and Episodic content. With over 20 industry awards and nominations, PXO, a Sony Pictures Entertainment company, is a trusted partner for storytellers and showrunners worldwide. The company has been creating iconic work since 2001, from Martin Scorsese's Academy Award winning Hugo and HBO's Emmy winning Game of Thrones, House of the Dragon, through to Amazon's The Boys, Marvel's Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania and many more.
In Virtual Production, PXO helps clients to realize their creative vision, from production through to post-production. Using interactive technology and proprietary software and solutions, PXO brings ideas to life by virtually immersing filmmakers in the worlds they imagined, throughout every stage of the creative process. The company's latest LED volume work includes House of the Dragon, Star Trek: Discovery and Star Trek: Strange New Worlds and Netflix's upcoming Avatar: The Last Airbender.
PXO has seven studios and three LED volumes in the US, UK, Germany and Canada.
We are currently hiring an On-Set Engine Operator for our Virtual Production department.
You will be responsible for operating and maintaining our Virtual Production systems and applications within the film production environment. Working closely with our development team, Virtual Art Department and Production staff, you'll be ensuring that our Engine tools and content run smoothly and efficiently, and that any technical issues are quickly resolved.
This is a key role in Virtual Production acting as the primary Unreal Engine operator during film production and production prep. The role requires leadership ensuring successful execution of initiatives, technical advancement, creative achievement, and client collaboration. This includes facilitating and liaising with all film production departments on set, collaborating with PXO Virtual Art Department, collaborating with PXO Virtual Production Technical Directors, PXO Virtual Production Technicians.
Key Duties Include:
• Ensure Unreal Engine tools and content are performing as expected during on-set production. Perform ‘live' adjustments during production.
• Optimize Unreal Engine assets to meet the project requirements without sacrificing visual fidelity for on-set operation.
• Determine and maintain environment and operational controls, tools or variables available while on-set, and provide support to other operators.
• Work collaboratively with the VAD and VP Supervisors alongside Virtual Production Lighting Supervisors and Unreal Technical Artists.
• Partner and collaborate with Unreal Engine Developers for required LED volume support, and efficient initiative rollout.
• Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues on our Virtual Production LED volumes and systems.
• Monitor the performance and stability of assets while on-set and take corrective action as needed.
• Provide technical guidance and support to other team members as needed.
• Ensure global initiatives are rolled out efficiently and simultaneously establishing a collective global execution with quality control.
• Support in ingestion and inheriting of assets from outside organizations and supervise their implementation into Pixomondo's pipeline focusing on performance and creative quality retention.
• Offer kickback notes in order to further optimize an asset.
• Work with counterparts in international studios on cross-site projects.
• Provide stage reports from findings during principal photography and asset or tool performance.
Preferred experience & skills include:
• 2 year's experience using Unreal Engine 4.27 and higher.
• 2 year's experience with real-time rendering and visualization techniques.
• Experience within an UE CG Pipeline on feature films and/or games production.
• Experience using version control (Git, Perforce).
• Experience with C++ and other programming languages commonly used with Unreal.
• Experience in on-set film production with a basic understanding of camera bodies and lens kits.
• Understanding of VFX pipeline, VFX tools, modeling, texturing, and basic OCIO color config.
• Strong experience with the real time 3D graphics / Unreal Engine and nDisplay workflow.
• Experience with project optimization, troubleshooting and resolving technical issues with Unreal-based applications.
• Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
• Strong attention to detail and ability to work independently.
• Basic understanding of motion capture techniques.
• Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
More About our Virtual Production Team
Pixomondo Virtual Production is a place to further develop your skills while diving into interesting, complex problems, all while being a driver on the leading edge of film-making. If you are highly self-driven, you would be joining a dynamic and flexible team that will support your career goals through professional development and world-class learning opportunities. Join us to innovate the future of filmmaking