Compositing Technical Director - Comp TD
PixomondoLos Angeles, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Search for Compositing Technical Director - Comp TD jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Compositing Technical Director - Comp TD postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Compositing Technical Director - Comp TD? Minimum Requirements:
• Provide support for all departments using Nuke and other 2d tools
• Maintain and create tools using a combination of custom gizmos, scripts and libraries with the Nuke Python, TCL, and ideally C APIs.
• Maintain show nuke pipelines from ingest to delivery.
• Integrate new tools into the studio's existing pipeline, using Python and ideally C
• Work with Supervisor(s) and TDs to customize tools and workflow for a given project.
• Write and update documentation for tools, techniques and workflows
• Remain Up to date of VFX Industry developments and best practices
• Experience with Shotgun, Asset Management Systems, Maya & Arnold is a plus
and/or Experience Required:
• 3 years experience as a Technical Director for Commercials, TV and/or Feature Films.
• Experience with compositing, color science, working with artists in production.
• Proficiency with Nuke.
• Proficiency with Python & TCL.
• Familiarity with creating gui's with Pyside/PyQt.
• C and Nuke NDK experience a plus.
• Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent is a plus.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Compositing Technical Director works with supervisors to build compositing tools to assist the execution of the current project and advance the capabilities of the facility. The role requires strong technical and communication skills, as well as a firm understanding of compositing, color science, software design, graphics, and production workflows.