Full Time Job
We'd like to Re-Introduce You to Pixomondo!
PIXOMONDO is a forward-thinking, artist-driven company with an established global network of facilities in both Europe and North America. Our mission is to develop and produce stunning visual effects and innovative entertainment experiences for our clients.
We are in the process of expanding our Vancouver team and are looking for like-minded VFX industry professionals who are excited to get in on the ground floor and explore new terrain as we establish a positive culture within the VFX community.
We believe there is a need for radical transformation across the industry and we will be instruments of change! We believe openness, balancing life and external inspiration, and an opportunity to truly craft your career path are great starting points to being a VFX studio of the future, commencing with our new studio in Vancouver, Canada. Our PXO team continues to expand and explore the frontiers of tech in filmmaking, and we're looking for you!
Who Loves Working here?
Creative visionaries who value contribution to the final product. They have an eye for quality and are consistently in pursuit of technical excellence. Their naturally collaborative spirit brings the team together and they foster community both inside and outside work.
The Mission Ahead:
The Compositing Supervisor is responsible for the management and work quality of the Compositing team. You are adept at promoting the overall development of the entire 2D pipeline in order to cultivate and lead a strong team of highly motivated and enthusiastic compositors while identifying areas for each team member to expand within their role. Working in close collaboration with the VFX Supervisor, CG Supervisor, and Producer, you are a highly skilled communicator who has the ability to delegate project needs to your team as well as represent the voice of the compositing crew when it comes to the workload and pipeline environment.
Day-to-Day, You'll Accomplish:
• Instrumental in driving the overall direction of the 2D department as well as building up a world-class compositing team.
• Leading, motivating, and mentoring our Compositing team to ensure all elements are complete and on time from beginning to end of each project
• Responsible for managing the compositing team, the quality of the compositing work, and an overview and development of the 2D pipeline across projects.
• Leading by example and maintaining a hands-on compositing role, while simultaneously taking on project-specific duties including monitoring shots and overall project progress.
• Completing or assisting with shots for each project
• Define techniques for complex visual effects shots and work with other departments and offices to completion.
• Assisting in recruitment, reviewing reels, and making recommendations
• Liaising directly with VFX Supervisor / Producer and delegating the compositing needs of the project(s) to the compositing team
Your Track Record Will Include:
• Understanding of photography, composition, lighting, colour, and motion
• Extremely strong understanding of Nuke compositing software is a must
• Demonstrated leadership qualities, strong communication skills, time management, and organizational skills, and a team player
• Experience and knowledge of stereoscopic tools and methods desired. Aesthetically and creatively solid and capable of producing the highest quality images
• Dependable under pressure with attention to detail
• Must be eligible to work in Canada
Not sure if You're a Fit? Drop Us a Line to Say Hello!
At Pixomondo, we believe that culture and diversity feed creativity. We value each individual employee's unique perspective and understand that in fostering equality and inclusion, we design a more engaging entertainment experience for everyone around the globe.