Full Time Job
Pixomondo produces visual effects for feature films, television, gaming, commercial and themed entertainment industries. The studio offers visual effects production and supervision, CG character creation, 3D animation and pre-visualization as well as the development and creation of innovative original concepts.
Our Stuttgart office is looking for an experienced Animation Supervisor with EU working privileges, to head up our Animation Department.
• 5-7 years of experience in the VFX and/or Animation Industry (at least 2 years of which in a Lead Animator role).
• Demonstrable understanding of physical motion, weight, balance, form and all animation principles.
• Expert knowledge of Maya software and VRay or Arnold.
• Experience with working within a pipeline structure.
• Deep knowledge of realistic animation: hard surface as well as creatures, human and animals. Experience with cartoon projects would be a plus.
• Experience with key-frame animation, mocap cleaning abilities would be treated as a plus.
• Ability to work with tight deadlines and providing work under pressure and within schedule.
• Excellent communication skills are required, particularly in the English language.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Supervising and reviewing animation across all projects, providing briefs and feedback for animators (based on the quality requirements and stylisation of the projects as well as briefs and feedback from the CG supervisor and clients).
• Ability to transfer the story requirements into animation on the single shot structure.
• Ability to trouble-shoot creative and technical problems and support the animation team.
• Work closely with rigging artists, provide information on functionality, quality and required fixes. Ability to create simple rigs would be a plus.
• Mentor other members of the animation team.
• Work closely with Leads from other departments: Supervisors, Producers and Coordinators.
• Assist with the recruitment process for Animation Department.
Please ensure your application includes: current resume, link to your demo reel and a reel breakdown.
Relocation costs not covered for this position. Only applicants eligible to work in the EU can be considered for this role.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online