Full Time Job
• 5 years of related production experience with 3 years of feature film experience and min. 2 years as a Digital Matte Painter
• Outstanding expertise and understanding of various 2D, as well as 3D environment workflows
• Strong traditional art skills including knowledge of color, lighting, perspective, and composition
• Good knowledge of 2.5D/3D Projection principles in Nuke and Maya, including but not limited to camera setup, modeling for projections, color space, projection setup, layer management, and delivery to compositing
• Ability to collaborate with Asset artists, Lighters, Compositors and other Digital Matte Painters
• Exceptional organizational and follow through proficiency with the ability to handle complex tasks within a dynamic, deadline driven workspace
• In-depth understanding and ability in perspective, value matching, photography, animation and motion
• Excellent creative problem solving, learning and communication skills
• Basic Python scripting knowledge is not required, but preferred.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Create photo-realistic digital environments and elements that match concept, using 2D and 3D tools and techniques
• Developing, planning and executing tasks related to the integration of photographic and 3D imagery into shots, preserving a unified sense of lighting, perspective, and color
• Combine matte painting skills with 3D animation toolset, with a strong knowledge of photography, modeling and design, to create finished digital matte painting shots
• Perform duties related to the pre-production development of environment shots
• Working independently as well as within the Matte Painting department to complete tasks successfully and in a timely manner
• Provide lighting setups, renders and assistance to team members across multiple disciplines
• Work closely with Comp, DMP and VFX Supervisors to ensure that plates meet planned concept design requirements
• Work in coordination with CG Asset, Lighting, and Compositing departments
PIXOMONDO Vancouver is looking for an Environment Artist to join our Matte Painting Department. The Environment Artist is an experienced Digital Matte Painter, responsible for designing and constructing environment scenes, that match the photographic quality of the production. Knowledge of still photography and a ‘good eye' are essential. With a complete competence in digital painting, 3D modeling, texturing, UV mapping, shading, lighting and rendering, the Environment Artist possesses a broad technical as well as artistic knowledge specializing in complex matte painting shots and environments for feature film production. The ability to create photo-real environments and landscapes, exhibiting a strong foundation in traditional and digital art skills with an emphasis on landscapes, are at the core of this position. The ideal candidate performs tasks related to integrating added imagery into a shot as well as full CG environments, preserving a unified sense of lighting, perspective, and colour. As an equally skilled 3D and 2D artist, the Environment Artist creates a bridge between the 2D and 3D aspects of our productions, working under the guidance and direction of the DMP/Environment Supervisor and the VFX Supervisors. Proactive and open to comments, the optimal applicant can demonstrate the ability to identify the best approach for any given task in terms of: aesthetic quality, workflow flexibility and setup/render efficiency.
Priority will be given to Canadian applicants.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online