2D Pipeline Supervisor
Full Time Job
2D Pipeline Supervisor, North America
As a 2D Pipeline supervisor, you are the product owner of the 2D pipeline at Pixomondo. You participate in stakeholder meetings and are the global point of contact for anything related to the 2D pipeline. You supervise and support our team of 2D TDs and developers, making sure they work on the highest priority items and have everything needed to work efficiently.
• Drive the overall 2D pipeline direction and push to make it highly efficient and user-friendly.
• Participate in monthly global alignment meetings to identify and understand the most important pipeline goals for the company.
• Gather stakeholder user-stories and plan out quarterly roadmaps.
• Supervise and support the team of TDs and developers to hit quarterly goals, and help improve their day-to-day processes and workflows.
• Take the role of product-owner on 2D related topics within our SCRUM setup.
• Review code and participate in code architecture discussions.
• Take on some senior programming tasks from time to time.
• Be the liaison between your team and the Head of Pipeline and Head of IT.
Requirements and attributes:
• 5 years of experience within the VFX, animation or video-game industry.
• Deep understanding of 2D workflows, technology (e.g. OpenColorIO, ACES) and best-practices.
• In-depth knowledge of Nuke compositing software and it's Python API.
• Expert Python and software development skills. Experience in writing unit-tests and PEP8.
• Excellent leadership, communication, time-management and organizational skills.
• Dependable under pressure with attention to detail.
• Able to communicate solutions to issues in a clear and concise manner.
Desirable but not essential:
• Understand benefits of Agile and SCRUM methodologies, and how to apply them.
• Able to convert concepts and workflows into process diagrams.
• Good understanding of the Windows and Linux operating systems and shell scripting.
• Experience with Pixar's Universal Scene Description.
• Experience with using and extending Asset Management concepts and production databases (e.g. ShotGrid).